View Single Post
Old 19th April 2008, 10:16 AM

Flying back from Toulouse last June, we flew BA coming home. Just as we were pushing back from our gate at CDG after a three hour layover there, I happened to glance out my window and saw three suitcases belonging to me and two fellow aviation writers sitting on a baggage trolley next to where we parked. My bag was full of all my notes I had taken during the visit, all the detailed Airbus product brochures they hand out on these visits, as well as my camera flash and other camera and computer accessories.

We had a tight connection at LHR which was exacerbated by having to hold for about 20 minutes on approach and then being parked at a remote gate at T4, but we made our connection with about 5 minutes to spare. When we got back to Sydney on the Monday morning, of course there were no bags, so we reported them lost to QF's baggage services.

Four days later and after numerous calls to BA and to QF baggage services, I came home from a meeting to see my luggage sitting on my front door step! No note, no phone call, no apology, just my bag sitting there!

I subsequently sent a complaint letter to the local BA office, and never received a reply.