View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 12:25 PM

Post TRIP REPORT: Virgin Australia SYD-OOL/OOL-SYD

The 7th of May 2011 will sure be a day to remember. In one day of flying I accomplished two targets, my first flight on a “Virgin Australia” aircraft, and also a trip on a personal favourite aircraft “Virgin-ia Blue.” The day before departure my very loving mother booked a daytrip for me to fly up to the Gold Coast with what is now Virgin Australia! The objectives of the day was me flying on Virgin Australia’s only 737-800 painted in the new livery… VH-YFC (named ‘Bondi Beach’) and also to spot with my friend Brock Little.

So on the morning of my flights I woke fairly late (ahhhh a sleep in and 2 flights in a day.. what more could I ask for?) having already prepared the night before, all I needed to do was get dressed and go. So that’s what I did. But before I left my room I first checked to see that VH-YFC was indeed going to be flying me up to the Gold Coast. To my delight, she was! On planefinder I saw her on her way up to BNE. She would route BNE-SYD-BNE-SYD-OOL-SYD-OOL for the day. But staying in bed to check where the aircraft was un-necessary. In fact a simple look out of my window would have done the trick as wouldn’t you know it, YFC has just departed off 34R and was now preforming the ENTRA departure. Objective one of trip complete! I arrived at the airport at about 11:00am for my 1:10pm departure. I thought it was about the time for some breakfast. So after heading through security (I checked in the night before) I proceeded directly to Subway.

A bacon and egg footlong sub hit the spot! And to wash it down.. a great coffee from ‘Pie Face’. The time crept by and eventually I decided to head over to the gate where I would soon be boarding. Gate 34 was all mine today (again *sigh*) but the inbound flight from BNE was about 15 minutes delayed. So I used the spare time I had to check my facebook and too get a quick snap of the E170 that I had flown on just a few weeks previous down to CBR.

VH-ZHD at gate 38. Next to VH-XFB.

Then I took another look at Planefinder to see where my plane was. She was on finals for RWY34L.. and before I knew it the very shiny Virgin Australia 737-800 was pulling into the gate.. turn around time was very quick. Just a few minutes after it had arrived at the gate, our boarding call was announced. Usually when this happens I just keep sitting down and let everyone else go but not today! I was eager to see the new Sky Interior so I was the first to board!

Jetphotos.net
Airliners.net

Last edited by Andrew Coggan; 8th May 2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: repeated words