Thread: Flying Schools
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Flood View Post
You all need to do a lot more homework I think.
Exactly right, Floody. We all know that there are some of us out there with plans for their flying careers and have goals which require a degree to help with management or so forth. However, I have been approached so many times by friends and friends of friends who ask me about all these elaborate schemes to get their PPL, but they all seem amazed when I say "just go to a flying school and book a lesson".

That's how I started, and that's what I'm still doing. Often there are plans for the process, but it will work around your timetable and so forth. Many people I know have gotten their licences through flying schools, then go on and do a uni or tafe course part-time, often funded by their flying.

Like I said, my career prospects lie differently to the ones I just described. I, personally, have always enjoyed education and intend to keep that process going for as long as I can, so a university programme works well with my goals for after this year. However, it's not the only way, especially if you want a rating that fits around your schedule and is (often, but not always) a bit cheaper.

Just my 2 cents...

Nick