View Single Post
Old 12th February 2009, 08:53 PM

Hi Andrew,

DJ began accepting donations on all flights yesterday and there are a number of things occuring with staff to donate both money & other items. VB staff were sent a communication from Brett yesterday that contained a range of information on what VB was doing to assist which was substancial. As you have correctly stated however it's not on the website so I don't think it's right for me to post those details in a public forum.

I must say however that it's been wonderful to see many Australian companies contribute to the Red Cross whether they be airlines or not - this is not about a competition between organisations but about supporting fellow Australians - I'm sure at JQ some of your staff have been directly impacted just as some of ours at DJ have - it's a truely horrible time for many and I think that most of us aren't as concerned about what the competition are doing to help but what we can do as individuals and our company as an organisation to support those who work with us & indeed all those impacted by both the fires in Vic & the floods in Qld.