View Single Post
Old 13th February 2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick B
Does anyone know if any foreign airlines like SQ and EK are going to donate money or help fundraise? They make a hell of a lot of money from Australia, I think it's only fair that they put some back
Just some perspective on this folks...

Many companies and individuals (including mine and me!) donate money to many worthwhile causes or perform community based work without looking for or receiving publicity. NONE of us are in any position to judge whether a company, airline or otherwise, should be donating to the VIC bushfire appeal or any other charity.

For example, someone close to me had a telemarketer call them a few months ago asking for donations to a disability charity which shall remain nameless. They politely declined but when the caller started on the hard sell, they told the caller that they had a disabled relative and that they were a full-time carer of that relative. It shut the caller up very quickly! Another friend had a call asking for donations to the Rural Fire Service - again a polite 'no thanks' was met with a second, harder approach until my friend told them he is actually a volunteer bush fire fighter himself.

There's often much more going on than you can see or that gets reported in the media.

Last edited by Andrew McLaughlin; 13th February 2009 at 10:33 AM.