View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Giacomin View Post
We mainly just did the touristy stuff and of course lots of plane spotting. Universal Studios was good. Didn't really like Disney California Adventure, nothing that interested me. Theme parks aren't really my thing.
Same here, done Universal so many times, I now only go for events like Halloween Horror Nights. Get the FOL tickets when they go on sale, works out almost the same price as general admission by the time they ramp up prices closer to the date. The designer is on Twitter and does special meet/greet/give aways too

Quote:
We did a tour of LA. It took us to Venice Beach, Beverley Hills, Farmers Market and Hollywood. Venice Beach was pretty s***, not a nice place at all in my opinion. Beverley Hills was very nice, very fancy and very expensive. Lots of expensive cars too. The Farmers market was good, didn't look around much though.
Venice/SM is not nice and rather dangerous with the homeless, not a place I go after dark, hence I stay South Bay past Del Ray Marina, it's almost like a boarder

Quote:
Hollywood was pretty disappointing, very crowded and people on the streets constantly coming up to you and trying to get you to take CDs. We were warned by the tour guide that they would try and get you take them making you think they are free and as soon as you do they will ask for money.
The Walk of Fame AKA Hollywood is more than just Hollywood/Highland, it goes for about 2.5km. Very interesting walk when you see the old names/stars and how the area was a high point, now abandon and shuttered.

LA takes a couple of visits to get use to, took me about 5 visits until it sank in, stay away from tourist area's, hence I split LA into 3 parts, South Bay, Hollywood & The Valley, all are different depending on what you want to do.

These days I just spend my time South Bay, go north (Hollywood) for hikes, stay away from the tourist traps and enjoy LA like a local.

Next time you visit will be better, you have done the bucket list, time to explore the city most tourist never see