View Single Post
Old 18th July 2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Are you allowed to bring on a small backpack (as you are in Australia), or do you need to pack everything in a clear/see through plastic bag as they were doing after the issues in August 2005?
Backpacks are fine - you only need to put your liquids in a clear "quart size" (or 1 litre) bag. The policy with all the airlines I flew with was one piece of hand luggage plus one personal item (which can be a purse or camera case etc). I had a standard cabin bag plus my camera case (which is actually a full-size backpack). Even after several emails to the airlines, they were still very vague about what exactly constitutes a personal item, but finally a Continental rep said that as long as it can go under the seat in front of you, it's ok to take on as a personal item. Just don't try to take a full-size tripod onboard, TSA don't look too kindly on that...

Quote:
Is AA the only airline that charges you for a 2nd checked bag?
I flew with United, Continental, Delta, Alaska and Virgin America, and they all had charges in place for a 2nd bag. They were all the standard 23kg (50lb) max weight per bag except for Virgin America, which was 32kg (70lb) for the first and 23kg for any additional bag.

Quote:
...plus the Aviation Museum (located approx 30mins away at different airports). The museum in particular is fantastic - you can walk through a BA Concorde and ex AF1 B707.
I agree completely, the Museum of Flight is awesome. It's located on the south-western portion of Boeing Field (about 45 mins drive from Paine Field, 10-15mins from Seattle Tacoma). Aside from the aircraft on display, there is also a great little observation tower where you can watch all the 787s and 737s on test flights, and the multitude of bizjets - the light is best in the afternoon.