View Single Post
Old 18th November 2022, 10:13 AM

OQA is still to be refurbished, along with OQC and OQL according to my records and confirmed by the A380 seat maps information on their website. This usually takes at least 2 months and OQA has only been in LAX for a little less than 2 months. So, I doubt that OQA has been refurbished in LAX, as no other QF A380s have and I think that it would be far cheaper to take the aircraft to the new interior to be installed than taking the new interior to the aircraft. Australian Aviation has been saying on many occasions and as recently as their latest issue that OQA is being refurbished in LAX, but I have always doubted this as only DRS and AUH have been used up to now. The time in LAX looks more to be the time taken (50 days) for the wing spar inspections.

The question of why OQA is going to LHR. I doubt it is to operate QF2 back to SYD as there is currently an A380, OQD heading for LHR as QF1, unless they swap over in LHR and OQD goes to DRS or AUH for maintenance, wing spar inspections perhaps. But, QANTAS hasn't operated un-refurbished A380s on passenger flights for some time now. The LHR diversion could be for some other reason, crew related perhaps and OQA will just continue to either DRS or AUH for refurbishment. We shall see.

Last edited by James Smith; 18th November 2022 at 10:22 AM.