View Single Post
Old 11th July 2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
then we walked over to Hungry Jacks for lunch, got my Bacon Deluxe Meal with a Chocolate Thick shake, Hahaha Brock, the shake machine was working here :P
Quite sure I went to McDonald's for my milkshake, Hungry Jacks milkshakes are nothing compared to the ones made at Maccas.

Quote:
CASA or whatever it is over safety concerns
Yes, it's CASA. Civil Aviation Safety Authority. And as Craig said, the airline alerted CASA straight away when they found out...that seperates an airline committed to safety and one that isn't. I wouldn't mind spending an extra hour due to your delay in NTL myself, more opportunity to see some interesting military movements!

Quote:
they are the only airline doing the route
You could always do NTL-BNE on DJ and then catch the Airtrain back down to the Gold Coast...Jetstar-free and the Airtrain isn't much of a hassle at all, BNE is also very efficient.

Quote:
It's also great for the RAAF, as we have the biggest RAAF base
I was under the impression that Amberley was the biggest RAAF base in Australia?

Quote:
The virgin pilot's are so much nicer, and actually appreciate you being there compared to JQ, who try and get you out, not a great image.
Tight turnaround times (especially quite tight for JQ) probably warrant Jetstar pilots to only allow for a quick chat in the cockpit. Also the previous delays on your JQ flights would obviously mean that the pilots are trying harder to get everything ready for the next flight to minimise the delay as much as possible. Can't blame them, really.

Nice trip report, and the videos make a good touch. Hope your experience with Jetstar on OOL-NTL isn't as terrifying as this one.

JetPhotos.net (1381 Photos)