View Single Post
Old 11th July 2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
The virgin pilot's are so much nicer, and actually appreciate you being there compared to JQ, who try and get you out, not a great image.

Tight turnaround times (especially quite tight for JQ) probably warrant Jetstar pilots to only allow for a quick chat in the cockpit. Also the previous delays on your JQ flights would obviously mean that the pilots are trying harder to get everything ready for the next flight to minimise the delay as much as possible. Can't blame them, really.

Nice trip report, and the videos make a good touch. Hope your experience with Jetstar on OOL-NTL isn't as terrifying as this one..
Having just done a trip up to OOL with JQ, I can not fault them at all, especially the information prior, during and back on the ground waiting for the bay to become available by the flight crew! I flew up to OOL on Saturday morning on JQ19 (A332 from Intl) and back on JQ423 (A320 Dom), cabin crew were fantastic, friendly and efficient, whilst flight deck crew kept us informed to the delay after pushback (another JQ aircraft also pushing and taxing from another bay); information mid flight (ATC slowing us down on return into YSSY due to wind/traffic) and finally, of the delay by there being no-one there to operate the aerobridge for the forward exit! They were a credit to the brand JETSTAR!

Great report and lots of pics (always good ) but I have a question... I was in 26A on my flight, I am also 6'3" yet I found more room in that seat than in a 737 (any variant) and in some cases, 747, so I am curiouse as to how tall you are that you found them a little tighter than normal, and kneeing the seatback infront of you!!

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images