Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 13th July 2012, 07:13 PM

Default Jetstar.com booking problems

Evening folks

I've been trying all afternoon to book a few airfares. Every time I reach Page 6 for 'Payments' and after filling in all the details then clicking 'Purchase', the page just refreshes and that's it, no confirmation or anything. I've sent an enquiry to Jetstar (Still waiting), and also just waiting for them to call back.

This has been going all afternoon. I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else was having any issues or know of any solutions to this.

I'm using an Apple MacBook Pro, on Google Chrome, and have booked many airfares with all the other carriers before so I greatly do not think it's this end.

Many thanks.

Last edited by Maikha Ly; 13th July 2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 13th July 2012, 08:05 PM

I just tried and had no problem.

MacBook Air and Google Chrome.
Old 13th July 2012, 08:23 PM

Bizarre. I've just tried and once again, upon clicking 'Purchase' the page just refreshes just like before. This makes no sense.

Call queue is 30mins. Not sure if I want to wait while calling on a mobile. Thanks for trying anyway Thomas.
Old 13th July 2012, 08:41 PM

Just tried Safari and even tried another computer on Windows, and I get the same result, just a 'refresh' of Page 6 'Payment' and going no where. In the time I've been trying, one of my desired flights has increased by $20

I'm starting to question if they want my money!
Old 13th July 2012, 09:51 PM

During the week i booked a flight Syd - Cooly. I checked in via SMS on a macbook via the website and didn't receive an SMS. I called the 13800babble number spoke to manila who advised me they we're having SMS delays and gave me a number to SMS for a new checkin SMS which i didn't receive. I ended up having to print my boarding pass at the airport. The flight north was good. The previous flight Cooly - Syd was lame. Somebody had crushed up half a box of biscuits on the floor. I was advised by staff they couldn't clean it up as Jetstar didn't pay for cleaning at this airport but they could put in a complaint for me (bollocks). Lucky there was no person sitting in the middle seat. *whinge* Summary, pretty over using jetstar as the "cheep" alternative.
Old 14th July 2012, 09:35 AM
YSSY Forum Administrator

Maikha, you must be a security threat
Old 16th July 2012, 10:52 AM

Kurt, I'm sure there are worse people they should be worried about than I :P

The problem was recurring still after I made this thread. Surprisingly, I did manage to finally get my booking in not by phone.... but by chat! A random chat window of the website popped up, and I managed to speak directly to a sales rep to make my entire booking, and they even called me back to get my payment details.

I thought this was a peculiar way to do it. I have since sent a message to Jetstar conveying my issues with the website, and have yet to get a reply.