Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th February 2010, 09:00 PM

Default Qantas Questions

Just a few Questions for reference on my July Trip, I will categorize them so it is a little easier, sorry about some of the spelling, I try my best and the spell check is American so it doesn't help much, thanks in advance:
Flights:
1. If I was to arrive at Brisbane airport at 8:30am and was o check in on the kiosk for QF784 to Cairns would it ask me if I wanted to be on QF782 instead?
2. When leaving Darwin asking for my bags to be 'short tagged' to Sydney only (rather than Canberra) can I then get an earlier flight to Canberra if I feel like I am not up to waiting 5 hours for QF1419 (I am on the red-eye)
3. If a Qantas flight is cancelled and there is a Jetstar flight at the same time will you be put on to that?
4. If a flight is cancelled and you have a connection, and you say you need to make it to the city you are connecting through (ie. you have to collect something) will they honor that connection (ie. fly you from Brisbane to Sydney to get to Cairns if QF 784 was cancelled)?

Meals:
1. What is classed as breakfast on a Darwin to Sydney flight?
2. What would be served for dinner on QF1944?
3. What are the low fat alternititive to the above? I have heard they are sometimes better.

Seating:
1. seatguru.com, suggests that the front seats and those that have a bulkhead in front have the tray table in the arm rest, is this correct?
2. How old do you have to be to sit in an Exit row and can you but yourself in the exit row from online check in?

Terminals:
What are the best places for spotting from within the domestic terminal at the following:
Sydney (I am pretty sure I know that one)
Brisbane
Cairns

I think that is all the questions for now, if I have an others I will post them here, once again, thanks in advance!!
29/3/24 QF2078 (TQH)
29/3/24 QF945 (VXA)
17/3/24 QF1268 (X4A)
17/3/24 QF1267 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1274 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1269 (X4B)
Old 16th February 2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac M View Post
Just a few Questions for reference on my July Trip, I will categorize them so it is a little easier, sorry about some of the spelling, I try my best and the spell check is American so it doesn't help much, thanks in advance:
Flights:
1. If I was to arrive at Brisbane airport at 8:30am and was o check in on the kiosk for QF784 to Cairns would it ask me if I wanted to be on QF782 instead? Depends on your fare type. If discount economy (below flexi saver), no
2. When leaving Darwin asking for my bags to be 'short tagged' to Sydney only (rather than Canberra) can I then get an earlier flight to Canberra if I feel like I am not up to waiting 5 hours for QF1419 (I am on the red-eye) Is it ticketed under the one reservation number? You may have luck asking in Darwin for an earlier flight...maybe!
3. If a Qantas flight is cancelled and there is a Jetstar flight at the same time will you be put on to that? Yes this does sometimes happen as long as there is sufficient seats available.
4. If a flight is cancelled and you have a connection, and you say you need to make it to the city you are connecting through (ie. you have to collect something) will they honor that connection (ie. fly you from Brisbane to Sydney to get to Cairns if QF 784 was cancelled)? This is a good question and it is possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Depends on your routing, but generally it's an origin to destination thing, and QF can change the routing to your ticket if necessary, but you can still get the FF miles and status credits of your original ticket if you put in an involuntary re-routing request.
What I can answer is in red!
Old 17th February 2010, 05:44 AM

thanks for that
29/3/24 QF2078 (TQH)
29/3/24 QF945 (VXA)
17/3/24 QF1268 (X4A)
17/3/24 QF1267 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1274 (X4A)
1/3/24 QF1269 (X4B)
Old 17th February 2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Xanthis View Post
What I can answer is in red!

I flew on a super cheap QF Fare and was way early.It asked me about an earlier flight and i said yes straight away.Got me home an hour earlier
Old 17th February 2010, 09:48 PM

I should have added that almost all the time the answer is no.

Occassionally QF will oblige, usually when they expect a huge backlog of pax and it's to their advantage to get you away ASAP (eg upcoming weather concerns etc)