Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th December 2009, 04:06 PM

Todd et al,

whilst the photos are without a doubt not of jetphotos.net quality/standard (and that's no disrespect to you Todd- it is just an art which has to be continually refined and practised and alot of the Sydney spotters for example with 100s of photos on the major websites have rejections so no ones perfect).. If you do want some tips, feel free to ask- pm me or indeed anyone else and id/we be happy to help.

I originally percieved Todd's posting as a non-critique display of some photos he had taken with no mention of him uploading to jetphotos etc.. whether he has or not is his prerogative (we all start somewhere)..

AND By the way- if Todd wanted advice on his photos WITH regard to jetphotos.net surely he would post on the forums there, as these forums have no affiliation with the website and there are rejection/tips specific for photography.. Just a thought Stephen
Old 28th December 2009, 04:20 PM

I'll tell you story about something that took place many, many years ago. Being a musician, it's the first one that comes to my mind, read on if you care. So back in the 70s the was this young poor pianist somewhere in Russia. She was a very good pianist, generally liked but somehow couldn't make it in the industry. So one day she decided to fly to New York and have a lesson with who was considered to be the best teacher in the world, Rosina Lhevinne at Juilliard. Her family saved up lots of money for the flight and the class and off she went. She tried her best, played for the teacher excited but after she finished, the teacher closed the music book and gave it back to the girl without a word and left. The girl opened the book and all the teacher wrote was: 'Not good'. She flew back home upset/angry/broke/etc and couldn't understand how arrogant the teacher was. Yet after a while, a strange urge started to build up inside her and instead of waiting for guidelines she started her own research, started digging deeper, comparing and wondering if it's better. She basically understood the point. After a year she saved money again to fly to New York to play for the same teacher. She played anxiously and the teacher wrote something in the book, closed it and left without a word. She opened the book and saw 'Good'.

Without making primitive comments, give it a thought.
Old 28th December 2009, 04:27 PM

The above range of posts now show why this once great board has turned into a bunch of puerile rubbish. All the great people with great information don't post here anymore. The kiddie factor has run amok.

The board used to be a great place until all the good people with the best info were forced to leave.

I've been a part of this board for a long time, and I've done my part to support this board, what have you guys done?

Whens the BBQ in Brisvegas Muzzdog??

Soon..
No where. Where should I go?
Old 28th December 2009, 05:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Just some photos i took on a windy and overcast day. Enjoy
I'm not sure why such a simple an innocent comment has drawn so much negativity.

Let's be DONE with the negativity here peoples. Move along now... thank you!
Old 28th December 2009, 06:46 PM

And getting back to topic, I'm hoping someone might be able to help with my query posted earlier on, with my desires to go spotting and photographing at Bankstown Airport and if there is any particular aircraft that might be of interest.

My primary interest in aviation, beyond airliners, is infact multi-engine turbo props like the SAABs and Q400s, although at Bankstown, I'm also interested in getting a few shots of local Fairchild Metro's based in the area. I'm told a few of these fly out of there of an evening doing 'bank runs', and the next best thing for me than catching all the money that may fall out of them is getting a shot of one

And also, hoping to see the Convair in flight as well, as I've driven past this aircraft many a time, but would be great to see it airbourne!

My original post before it got lost in off-topicness!
http://yssyforum.net/board/showpost....39&postcount=8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikha Ly View Post
Hoping to spend more time out there now I'm in Sydney more often, are there any particular 'special' movements one could photograph out there? I'm hoping to get shots of planes like any Bankstown based Fairchild Metros and anything beyond single-engined aircraft.

Many thanks!

Last edited by Maikha Ly; 28th December 2009 at 11:00 PM.