Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements

Old 27th December 2009, 09:51 PM

I'm sorry I don't follow.

The first and last two photographs were of particular interest to me. If you don't think otherwise, I guess it's each to their own.
Old 28th December 2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Brown View Post
Ahh No, not really.
Oh i'm sorry
Old 28th December 2009, 09:07 AM

Todd,

If your going to post your photos in a public forum you will have to expect and accept criticism.

I'm not going to **** in your pocket and tell you they are fantastic when they aren't. If you want to be a better photographer take it on board and look to improve your technique.

I see you have started to upload to Jetphotos. If someone tells you they are 'awesome' photos when they aren't, you may try to upload them thinking that they are worthy of the database. You will only be met with disappointment and you will have wasted the screeners time. (and for full disclosure, I am a JP screener).

Whens the BBQ in Brisvegas Muzzdog??

Soon..
No where. Where should I go?

Last edited by Stephen Brown; 28th December 2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Steele View Post
Oh i'm sorry
Todd, I understand your frustration. A hard bunch to please on here sometimes when all you intended to do was share a few photos from a bit of spotting at Bankstown. Maybe you won't win any awards or have the photos accepted to JetPhotos but who cares? Yes, it is a public forum so maybe we should expect a bit of criticism but you would hope that it is constructive and that you may be able to learn something from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Brown View Post
Ahh No, not really.
Yes it is criticism , hardly constructive though. Wont do anything to improve anyones technique.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:15 PM

There's just to much wrong with them to point out all the faults. If you don't want people to comment on them, don't post them inline, set up a Flickr account and just link to that.

If somebody's going to say that their 'awesome' (a much abused and overused word) then I'm going to say they aren't.

If he wants help he should ask.

And Brendon, they have been numerous occasions where pics have been posted here and people have gushed over them, and no one has said a word against them.

Whens the BBQ in Brisvegas Muzzdog??

Soon..
No where. Where should I go?

Last edited by Stephen Brown; 28th December 2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:30 PM

I, at least, enjoyed your photo's Todd, regardless of quality.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:43 PM

Tricky situation here. From what I can see, Todd posted the photos and simply asked us to 'enjoy'. Whilst this is a public forum, he didn't ask for critique so he didn't set himself up to expect any (but perhaps, should have).

Then, Stephen's comment seemed to be in reply to Maikha's earlier post which led him to explain that he didn't like Todd's photos.

That's all fine, but Todd only posted 5 photos, I thought one in particular was quite good - I'm no professional photographer, I don't have any pics submitted on jetphotos or airliners, but sheesh, it's a forum to post up stuff and let people take a look - Todd may not have had any intention to post these to Jetphotos at all. I know they've been posted on other aviation forums though - and why not? Regardless of your own thoughts, Todd's obviously proud of them to show other aviation minded enthusiasts.

You posted that Todd can ask for help if he wants, but he never asked for your critique in the first place yet you chose to provide one - albeit a very vague one. It's fine that you don't want to blow sunshine or provide a positive comment if you don't feel it's warranted, but a little more explanation would've provided some encouragement to Todd for further improvement. How else is he supposed to improve should he want to share his photos again?

Maybe some pointers on one of the photos would've been more helpful if you didn't want to tackle the entire suite. I think anything could have been more helpful than a simple 'not really'.

Anyway, whatever... yes we should expect criticism, and so should those who provide it - even as I expect to receive some for this. But be mindful, this place could become quite dull if suddenly no one wants to post their photos anymore (extreme, but you get the point.)

Dan

04/09/14 QF129 SYD-PVG A333 VH-QPG :: 08/09/14 CX367 PVG-HKG 77W B-KQO :: 13/09/14 QF128 HKG-SYD A388 VH-OQH
29/09/14 QF556 SYD-BNE 763ER VH-OGO :: 30/09/14 QF008 BNE-SYD 744ER VH-OEG
Old 28th December 2009, 12:44 PM

Thanks guys If you don't like the photos don't comment, I have only started photography for a year now so i am new to this These weren't even edited, while i guess most of yours are Stephen?
Old 28th December 2009, 01:20 PM

Dan I could not have said that any better myself. You hit every single point right on the head.

And Stephen you really need to get off your high horse and stop trying to make everything to do with Jet Photos and professional photography. You really have to realise that some people are not as good at photography as you are and dont think about photography websites when they really just want to share there photos with people that they think enjoy the same stuff that they do.
Old 28th December 2009, 03:08 PM

Thanks guys very much for the comments and tips