Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th October 2011, 09:29 PM

Default Sydney airport Website

Hi folks,
Just jumped on the site to check a flight and found a new webpage. All arrivals/departures pages seem to be streamlined - for international - the operating carrier logo is shown with all codeshares next to it on the one line compared to several lines previously..

Also features a flight radar, which tonight is not working... Probably due to the upgrade. Very much has the feel of the Melbourne airport website...

Check it out!

Photos at: http://flickr.com/kieran380747 and https://www.facebook.com/Windsweptaviation/

Carriers flown: QF, VA, EK, NZ, BA, KA, CX, AS, BE, JQ, TR, SK, LH
Types flown: 744, 738, 737, 743, A380, A340, DH8, A320, ERJ190, 736
Old 10th October 2011, 09:37 PM

Noticed it last week, it's a nice format but the problem for me is that the small amount cargo flights they use to display no longer appear.

They also added a flight radar which is neat. I noticed they confused some DJ flights as DHL Air which is the closest thing you get to cargo flights on the new format. That may of been fixed by now though.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:02 PM

Yes it does not seen to show cargo flights any more, it says they're are just two Malaysian
flights tomorrow, lets hope they change that.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:47 PM
Prolific Member

I've emailed a link to this page to the people responsible for the development of the site. They are looking at ways to tweak the site to make it even better, so keep checking back to see the changes!

Cheers
Old 11th October 2011, 04:54 AM

Thanks Nigel!

I should make my comment more of a suggestion then so the developers consider my suggestion. They should include a cargo flight section with all the cargo flights if they are looking for an improvement over the old format. If that is not possible I'd like to see the old cargo flights start appearing back in it for Singapore Airlines, Qantas, Malaysia Airlines etc.
Besides that though, It is a nice new format and the website has had a pretty good overhaul.
Old 11th October 2011, 04:07 PM

Maybe one of the features of the Zurich website could be included? Type in "spotter" and the flights are listed with registrations.

Only wishful thinking...
Old 12th October 2011, 05:24 AM

Thanks for making the developers aware of these suggestions Nigel, personally I would love to see the arrival/departure gates listed for International flights, plenty of the Asian airport websites are terrific for this. Just a small thing granted but when flying in from Chch would be good to know in advance where we are docking. Cheers Mark
Old 16th October 2011, 05:30 AM
Prolific Member

I've received an email on my days off advising that an aviation enthusiasts page will be set up on the new website, and they've asked for suggestions on what to include.

Possible features mentioned include spotting view points and best times, the cargo schedule, a link to ATC, aircraft types list and picture of the week.

Micheil, I have put forward your request for registrations being linked, and Mark I've forwarded yours on too.

Personally I think it's great that the airport is willing to accommodate more than just the corporate and travelling public.

So folks, here's your chance to suggest what you would like to see on such a page. I'll forward all suggestions on for consideration.
Old 16th October 2011, 10:30 AM

Excellent news Nigel! It is definately a great thing to see them going well and beyond their services to passengers to please the aviation enthusiasts and spotters aswell. It really encourages the spotters too.
I also received an email last week for my suggestion for cargo flights and it has been noted.
Old 16th October 2011, 01:00 PM

On the subject of help for us spotters. it would be great if Sydney airport re-started the tarmac tours.