Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > International Industry

Old 24th October 2019, 12:41 PM

Default A long wait

Regulators are so skittish about the MAX that Boeing will be lucky to see that aircraft in commercial service around the world by this time next year! Sad but they have brought this on themselves ...
Old 30th October 2019, 11:11 AM
Prolific Member

Boeing CEO says he knew about test pilot's warnings before second 737 Max crash

On the anniversary of the first of two deadly crashes involving Boeing 737 Max jets, the comany's CEO has apologized to families affected by the air disasters. Dennis Muilenburg made the apology at a Capitol Hill hearing Tuesday. (Oct. 29) AP, AP

He also disclosed he was notified before the second crash of a test pilot's signal of "egregious" problems with the Max's flight control system, now believed to be at fault in the plane's two crashes.

Overall, however, CEO Dennis Muilenburg took an apologetic stance before the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee. The hearing was attended by family members of the 346 people who lost their lives in the crashes. They stood at one point to show large photos of their deceased relatives.

Not only will the 737 Max not fly again until all agree it is safe, Muilenburg said, but Boeing also is reviewing all its safety policies.

"On behalf of myself and the Boeing Company, we are deeply and truly sorry. As a husband and father myself, I am heartbroken by your losses. I think about you and your loved ones every day, and the entire Boeing team does as well," he said.

more

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...sh/2495018001/
Old 30th October 2019, 11:23 AM

This has completely changed the way I see Boeing. Why is he still at Boeing having been aware of the issues before the second crash those lives cannot be brought back all over making the next $.
JQ A320 VQX - OOL/SYD
QF 738 VZP - SYD/ADL
QF 738 VYA - ADL/SYD
QF 738 VZE - SYD/BNE
QF 738 VZW - BNE/TSV
JQ A320 VQV - TSV/SYD
QF 738 VXU - SYD/OOL
JQ A320 VGI - OOL/CNS
JQ A320 VFO - CNS/OOL
QF 738 VZZ - OOL/SYD
Old 30th October 2019, 03:14 PM
Prolific Member

Steve

If you haven't seen the doco "Boeings killer Planes (2019) Panorama", its worth a look.

Just checked, still onliine via your fav search engine. Runs 00:28