Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements

Old 1st May 2008, 12:08 PM

Default Life aboard the USS Nimitz - TV Series on the Web

Hi all,

The company I work for has sponsored the production of a series on life abouard the USS Nimitz. The good news is that the episodes are available to watch on line via this link

Carrier - Life aboard the Aircraft Carrier USS Nimitz

Happy viewing
Old 1st May 2008, 12:11 PM

I got this close to having a tour of the Nimitz when it was last in Fremantle...the seas just got too rough dammit!
Old 1st May 2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian B View Post
Hi all,

The company I work for has sponsored the production of a series on life abouard the USS Nimitz. The good news is that the episodes are available to watch on line via this link

Carrier - Life aboard the Aircraft Carrier USS Nimitz

Happy viewing
Adrian,
I was surprised to see your posting as I watched the show last night in the US !!!
It's really about the lifes of the sailors as you mentioned and not too much aircraft footage. The do show the odd carrier take off, landing etc and a few fly-by's with breaks
An interesting part was the search for a missing (overboard) sailor and the detail that entails (I won't give the results away). I was most surprised though at the openness of the sailors comments being allowed out into the public.
S.
Old 1st May 2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lindsell View Post
An interesting part was the search for a missing (overboard) sailor and the detail that entails (I won't give the results away). I was most surprised though at the openness of the sailors comments being allowed out into the public.
S.
I remember a line in Flight of the Intruder, talking about keelhauling on an aircraft carrier. Cant work out why they turned off the camera......
Old 1st May 2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Xanthis View Post
I got this close to having a tour of the Nimitz when it was last in Fremantle...the seas just got too rough dammit!
My grandpa got to go on the Kitty Hawk when is was here last year. He told me that he tried to give up his place for me, but security clearances made it a "yes or no" decision on the spot.

Said it was incredible! At least I have a hat to show some sort of a connection!!!!!

Scott, was there any point in the production where is was made clear that areas were avoided in the filming? I'm also amazed at the honesty portrayed!

Nick