Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 27th December 2018, 07:05 PM

Post SACL - Weekly International Movements Schedule - Late 90's

Aloha!

Once upon a long time ago, late 90's, Sydney Airport Corp use to issue a printed schedule of planned international movements for the coming week.

Among the enthusiast base we have here, surely someone has a copy they could scan to take us all on a trip down memory lane.

So, who has one?
Old 1st January 2019, 01:49 PM

Hi Craig, I remember those schedules. I used to drive over from the XPT depot at Sydenham to the airport. I had a sheet of paper saying that I was courier and park in a goods bay. Then nip up stairs to one of the offices and get the weekly schedule.
Unfortunately i never kept any.

Forthcoming flights
To be advised.
Old 1st January 2019, 08:20 PM

I could have sworn I had one handy from a Concorde visit, however, despite best efforts it's yet to show itself.
Old 3rd January 2019, 08:07 PM

Nice to know you're still floating around Alan, good to hear from you! The schedules were an institution for the enthusiast and trolling through them for anything exciting was always fun.

If you find it Michael, be sure to post it!!!!!
Old 4th January 2019, 08:28 PM

Hi Craig, I have some from 1983 and 1984 but I thru a heap out about a year ago, also have some for Melbourne Airport which back on Thursday 23/2/1984, Melbourne had only 6 international arrivals with the last arrival at 1250pm.

I have no idea how to post the schedule on here, if you send me a message I can maybe get a copy to you
Old 24th February 2019, 04:38 PM

I finally got a chance to root around in the roof. I have a 1998 and 1999 edition. 1998 covers 14 Oct with a Concorde visit, I'll coax the scanner into life and make a copy available in the coming day/s
Old 24th February 2019, 08:45 PM

Done, hopefully dropbox works. As I thought, the 12 OCT 98 has a SSC movement in there, unfortunately at the time of printing the left column was cropped slightly so some info is missing. Just noticed the Feb 99 list has a Concorde movement too, must be why I ferreted them both away.

SACL_int_movements_12OCT98.pdf

SACL_int_movements_08FEB99.pdf
Old 10th July 2021, 10:26 PM

Better late than never! ... I have just found some weekly movement sheets from 1984, 1985 and 1994. I have scanned them in but I can't figure out how to upload the pdf files. If you message me I can send you a copy.
In those days, there were "Alpha" tag flights into Sydney: TE3A, MH1A, SQ21A, and a good variety of multistop European flights: LH, AZ, JU, BA, OA, UT, KL. No middle east airlines, and not as many Asian airlines.
Back in those days before the internet, Gary O'Callaghan on 2GB I think, would read out the updated international flight arrival times.

Last edited by Dean D; 10th July 2021 at 10:35 PM.