Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Radar Spotting

Old 24th January 2009, 07:52 PM

Default Flight Tracker

Does anybody know of good live aircraft tracker software or a webpage which you can run purely of the internet (without external devices such as a radarbox)?

Thanks
Taran
Old 24th January 2009, 08:10 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

Hi Taran, Not sure what your are after specifically, so have a look at the WebTrak links on www.16Right.com for major Australian airports (40 minute delay, however you can replay the history)
Old 27th January 2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran l View Post
Does anybody know of good live aircraft tracker software or a webpage which you can run purely of the internet (without external devices such as a radarbox)?

Thanks
Taran
Planeplotter is what you are looking for. Go here - http://www.coaa.co.uk/planeplotter.htm

It's purely online based - you don't need any external devices. You just need to pay a one off subscription fee and away you go.
Old 28th January 2009, 12:32 AM

I know its probably been said before but just o that i can clarify, after you have downloaded plane plotter and installed it and registered it and everything, is there anything else that needs to be done to set it up and view it properly?

Thanks

Gerard
Old 28th January 2009, 10:31 AM

Hi Gerard,

Once you've installed it and paid the subscription fee, that's it! Planeplotter works by taking the feeds from SBS and Radarbox owners and then displaying these feeds. There's quite a few of us providing a feed for Sydney not to mention the rest of the country. The UK is extremely well covered. All you need to do once you have purchased planeplotter is customise its display to your personal taste. It's also realtime as opposed to Webtrack which is delayed by 40mins.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:34 AM

Have you got any screenshots for this program for Sydney?

I have to say, their website looks pretty shoddy.
Old 28th January 2009, 12:40 PM

Thanks for that Pat. Much appreciated. Before i go ahead and pay for it, just to be on the safe side noone has had any problems paying for it, or the wrong amount being charged or anything like that?

Thanks

Gerard
Old 28th January 2009, 03:52 PM

Gerard and Rich,

I know some members may have had some teething problems setting up PP but i think they were minor issues. Anyone of us who feed PP are more than happy to help set it up for you either by email, phone, Skype etc. As far as i know, no one has been overcharged. Also, there is a Planeplotter group in Yahoo groups that can answer any question. The guy who developed PP always responds to questions on this forum very quickly (i think he may have set the Yahoo group up and he is also an Aussie who lives abroad!)

Rich, here are some screenshots from this arvo (Wednesday, 29 Jan). There are 3 screenshots - 2 are maps that have nav points of NSW and Sydney and the third is a satellite view of YSSY. Everything in PP is adjustable and there is a wide variety of maps that you can download from the PP Yahoo groups page.
Old 28th January 2009, 05:50 PM

Just to back up what Pat has said about PlanePlotter, there are a few feeders in the Sydney basin who can offer assistance in getting you up and running with the program. All you have to do is ask.

Also have a look at this site

http://planeplotter.pbwiki.com/

to give you a better understanding of PP.

Noel White
Old 29th January 2009, 05:48 AM

Pat, those maps you have look somewhat nicer than the ones i am using, where did you get those ones from

Andrew