Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 26th October 2008, 10:14 PM

There was a RAAF hot air balloon there VH-DEF. Can anyone tell me who makes that and what type it is and stuff?

I might have my photos up here tomorrow because im exusted and need sleep

For now..

My mystery flight ticket on VH-QOH(Pink Dash 8 Q400)

Will have photos of the flight deck and inside which was amazing

Tim
Old 26th October 2008, 11:59 PM

Was a pleasure to Dispatch your flight, Tim!

Here are some of my efforts for the day

VH-QOH the QantasLink Dash 8-Q400 is on display in its Breast Cancer Livery (This aircraft later performed the Mystery Joy Flight)

The Mineralogy MD 82 on Display

The cockpit of the MD-82

VH-OGD 'Maitland' a Boeing 767-338/ER is on display to the public

The F/A-18 Hornet is coming into land on Runway 35

VH-ZPF a Embraer 190 'Maiden Brazil' is on display to the public

The newest firetruck in the Canberra Airport Fleet is the Rosenbauer truck, painted in High Vis Yellow

More photos can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/kommiss...7608385043799/
Old 27th October 2008, 05:40 AM

That looks a lot like you Todd in the picture of the MD-82.
24/1/24 JQ724 (YXS)
26/1/24 QF1913 (UYY)
20/1/24 QF1451 (LQM)
19/1/24 QF1442 (QOR)
7/1/24 QF1530 (YQW)
7/1/24 JQ740 (YXQ)
Old 27th October 2008, 02:18 PM

Yep was a good morning, except for the swarm of bees that surrounded the crowd where I was just before the F-18 arrived.

I'd be a bit worried about some of the people who were reaching up and touching stuff in the wheel wells of the QF76. They had all the doors open and the crowd seemed to jump the line and go right up and were reaching and touching.....scary stuff.

Photos to follow shortly. I might even be arsed and do a trip report.

Todd, I got some shots of the MD82 cabin as well as the flight deck, didn't they let you??

I've seen the F-18 demo heaps of times, either in a show or practiced over Willytown, and I swear he mucked up yesterday. One of his high Alpha maneuvers nearly looked like it resulted in a stall and he had to push over quick to get out of it. I could be wrong, but at the time I thought at his altitude he was a bit low for what he was trying to do.

But the missed approach and high speed pass was good......

Stuff to follow

Whens the BBQ in Brisvegas Muzzdog??

Soon..
No where. Where should I go?
Old 27th October 2008, 02:55 PM

Hey Stephen i saw you there. You were waiting in-line to go on the MD-82 not far infront of me.
Old 27th October 2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Brown View Post
I've seen the F-18 demo heaps of times, either in a show or practiced over Willytown, and I swear he mucked up yesterday. One of his high Alpha maneuvers nearly looked like it resulted in a stall and he had to push over quick to get out of it. I could be wrong, but at the time I thought at his altitude he was a bit low for what he was trying to do.

But the missed approach and high speed pass was good......
Sunday was Wardie's last show as the RAAF's Hornet display pilot - perhaps he was looking to do something a little bit more speckie?! I think more power is the way out of a high alpha stall rather than a nose over if you're only at 1000'.

The new display pilot, 'Acko', did his first show at Nowra the same afternoon and did well considering it was his first public display.
Old 27th October 2008, 05:04 PM

Yeah, he did the usual high alpha low air speed pass, but after that he did a pass and went down towards the south of the airfield and he pulled into High G tight turn but then pulled up out of the turn with not much airpseed and the plane seemed to hang on the pull up. i could hear the afterburners kick in but it didn't seem to start climbing. After it started marginally climbing he did a fairly abrupt pushover. Just haven't seen it done like that before.

Soon..
Old 27th October 2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah, he did the usual high alpha low air speed pass, but after that he did a pass and went down towards the south of the airfield and he pulled into High G tight turn but then pulled up out of the turn with not much airpseed and the plane seemed to hang on the pull up. i could hear the afterburners kick in but it didn't seem to start climbing. After it started marginally climbing he did a fairly abrupt pushover. Just haven't seen it done like that before.
That'd be the bunt he's been working on in recent shows...there's a sort horizontal version of it after his missed approach too...he kicks the tail around and then pushes it over whilst cranked over at 90 degrees...not too shabby! I think I heard from someone that the new software in the jet has made that move possible...???
Old 27th October 2008, 05:40 PM

Yeah I was imagining bitching Betty going off during the demo...

Soon..
Old 27th October 2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Yep was a good morning, except for the swarm of bees that surrounded the crowd where I was just before the F-18 arrived.......

Todd, I got some shots of the MD82 cabin as well as the flight deck, didn't they let you??......
Yes, the Bee's swarmed around me aswell!

The MD-82 Captain said 'No photos of the cabin, but feel free to take photos of the Cockpit' and even the Canberra Time's stated no photos were allowed to be taken of the MD-82 interior. I was lucky enough to be able to get in, when I arrived at the aircraft they were saying no before Mr Palmer came down and said that people could have another 30 minutes of tours. That even got a mention in the Canberra Times aswell!