Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Radar Spotting

Old 28th November 2014, 07:14 PM

Default QFA7 on Flightradar24

Hi all, for the last week or so I have been trying to track QFA7 YSSY-DFW on Flightradar24 and it never seems to be visible. Interestingly, QFA8 seems to be visible, so I'm a little confused about why QFA7 wouldn't show up.
Old 28th November 2014, 09:54 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

Hi Ray,

No sure why it is not showing on FlightRadar24, however we are picking it up on our ADS-B system. This link will show you all the aircraft operating the flight, and if you look at the LIVE RADAR option menu just after 1600, you should see the aircraft depart, and be tracked out to about 250nm. We feed our data to FlightRadar24 as RADAR T-YSSY5 (shown at the bottom of the info window when you tap on the aircraft), so not sure why you are not seeing it. I will have a look tomorrow if I can.

http://adsb.16right.com/flight/QFA7
Old 29th November 2014, 01:53 AM

Seems to be working fine: http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/qf7

It won't show up at certain times due to lack of ADSB coverage on FR24 (over the ocean etc) but you can also use flightaware as a backup - https://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA7

QFA8 has been 16.5+ in the air the past few days, crazy!
Old 30th November 2014, 08:01 PM

Thanks guys, appreciated. I did manage to see it pop up on Flightradar24 as it overflew Mexico on the way to DFW. Interestingly, QFA11 always seems to be visible as it tracks south of the Hawaiian Islands, but at that time of night I never seem to be able to see QFA7. Given that they depart YSSY in relatively close timings, I would assume that both would show up. My interest is based on that I will be flying that leg in less than two week's time for a long overdue six week holiday.