Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements

Old 25th April 2012, 01:44 PM

Default WASPS (W A Spotting) Photo Blog

I’ve spent a fair bit of time recently updating and renaming my old “Aussie Aircraft Photos” blog which I first established in 2010. There’s still some work to do but the makeover is essentially complete.

I lost interest in the old site last year but over recent months have wanted to resurrect it and display photographs of aircraft resident in or which have visited Western Australia. A change of name was required so I chose the acronym “WASPS” (W A Spotting) http://waspotters.blogspot.com.au/ .

I also wanted to use the site to display photographs taken from the Perth Airport Viewing Platform which opened in December 2011. Perth enthusiasts have lost many of our favourite spots due to enhanced security measures and redevelopment work but the Viewing Platform is a great replacement and may entice Interstate and Overseas spotters to make a visit to Perth.

Photographs dated prior to December 2011 are scans of prints or slides and those since are digital images. Most of the photos are from my collection but I welcome any contributions of civil or military from other enthusiasts. All photographs published will be acknowledged to the contributor.

Photos will be published on the Home Page and remain there for one month after publication then be transferred to the type’s sub folder. I will have a mixture of recent and old photos (some dating from the 60s) and will add new photos as often as I can.

Navigation around the site is simple - just click on a type shown in the side columns and that will display the photos. Then just click on “Other Types” to get back to the Home Page where you can start again.

This site is intended to complement and NOT compete with other local W A sites which are providing outstanding information to enthusiasts. My site is just a photographic record and none of the photos will be uploaded to any online sites.

And I welcome any comments, criticism or advice to help improve this site.

Cheers

Bob
Old 25th April 2012, 09:38 PM

Hi Bob, great site. You have done a lot of work setting it up. Just one correction. The TAA 727-100 registration should be VH-TJA.
Regards
James
Old 26th April 2012, 12:21 PM

Thanks for your comments James. I have corrected the error (must have had TAA on the brain.)

I also added another 5 photos yesterday and there will be more on Friday.

Cheers

Bob