Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 31st August 2016, 08:50 PM

Geez I hope that's not right Brad as the product on EBG/L is very tired & needs the refurb urgently.
Old 31st August 2016, 09:23 PM

I've been saying this in Australian frequent flyer, if these two get refurbished the same as the other -200's what would Qantas fly to HNL? As I understand it the 200's were refurbished primarily for domestic and shorter international and lack galley space and crew rest areas for the longer international flights. I think these will get refurbished at some point but I've always had a question mark over if they would have a different config compared to the rest to allow for longer flights.

Maybe HNL might be the first 787 destination with these two remaining as is until then and either refurbished or dumped like the 2 other international -200's Qantas used to operate.
Old 1st September 2016, 07:09 AM

Its easily fixed....

Replace the A333 on the MNL run with A332s and then send the A333 to HNL.

QF have 8 A332s with seat back video that can be used for Asian international flying.
Old 1st September 2016, 08:42 AM

Default Qantas Airbus A330 Fleet Refurbishment

I'd heard 2 more may be going to the RAAF. The other 2 with the Skybed. Is that them?
Old 1st September 2016, 09:17 AM

All you need is a further slowdown in the PER market and QF could easily adjust A330 capacity on those routes.

The first B787-9 will be here in a little over a year so it wouldn't be out of the question to leave the 2 Skybed A330's in service until then.

They've had 2 non-refurb 747's in service for a few years.
Old 1st September 2016, 09:37 AM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
I'd heard 2 more may be going to the RAAF. The other 2 with the Skybed. Is that them?
More RAAF tankers ?
Old 1st September 2016, 11:36 AM

Default Qantas Airbus A330 Fleet Refurbishment

Not sure. Just heard that there were 4 (the Skybed international ones) that were all the same. I don't know the Rego's so it may not be related.
Old 3rd September 2016, 09:23 AM

Refurbished VH-EBP has returned to service.
Only 2 to go!
Old 4th September 2016, 10:58 AM

So EBL is finally in for refurbishment?
Old 16th September 2016, 11:01 AM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Myer View Post
Once the upgrades are complete Im guessing QF will pretty much gain an entire spare frame.

Wonder what they have planned for it?
Daily MEL-NRT flights announced.

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/med...rowing-demand/

Quote:
Qantas will launch daily direct flights between Melbourne and Tokyo’s Narita Airport from 16th December 2016,* responding to growing demand and marking the next step in its Asian growth strategy.
The new route will be operated by an upgraded, two-class A330-300 with 297 seats – the aircraft widely seen as best in class for the business market.
It adds to Qantas’ popular Sydney-Tokyo (Haneda) and Brisbane -Tokyo (Narita) services, launched in 2015, and will connect travellers with the broader Qantas Group network – including Jetstar’s extensive domestic network within Japan and the Group’s services across the Tasman.
The number of visitors to Australia from Japan grew by 17 per cent in 2015/16 financial year, with those travellers spending $1.5 billion – up 14 per cent on the previous year. Outbound travel by Australians to Japan is also growing rapidly, having seen a 24 per cent increase in 2015.
Qantas and Jetstar will both operate flights from Melbourne to Tokyo (Narita) during the December 2016-February 2017 holiday peak. Jetstar will then cease flights on the direct route after the 25th February, 2017.

Last edited by MarkR; 16th September 2016 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Fixed destination to right airport - thanks.