Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements

Old 19th March 2008, 07:28 PM

Default A380 9v-skc

Anyone know when her first flight to Sydney was?

I flew aboard on the Sunday night 16/3 departure from Singapore and it seems it was only delivered during the preceeding week.

Damn awesome plane...was well worth the wait. Upper deck is very much the place to be... the seating config is better, window seat passengers get an ample shelf area providing elbow room and this in turn is just a lid for a large personal storage bin... you'll have no need to waste any kneeroom putting things in the seat pocket. In fact even with way too much of my own stuff in there, I still had room to put the blanket and pillow in there too.

The crew also seem to be able to complete cabin service far more efficiently so you find yourself able to get up and wander downstairs only to find it's mayhem down there. On the overnight flight it also means the cabin lights are off for longer.

My outbound flight to Singapore the previous Sunday (9V-SKB) appeared to have an upper deck heavy with enthusiasts... a large number of peope taking a million photos, with more DSLRs around than you would normally expect. There also seemed to be a fair few who, like me, where clicking away at their handset controller for the first hour of the flight, exploring the expansive new KrisWorld.

EDIT: Hmmm... new board doesn't seem to like me putting the subject line rego in ALLCAPS.

Last edited by Robert S; 19th March 2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 21st March 2008, 05:55 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

Hi Robert,

From ACARS data it looks like te 15th march was the first SIN-SYD flight for 9V-SKC.

ACARS mode: L Aircraft reg: 9V-SKC [Airbus A380]
Message label: 5V Block id: 1 Msg no: S33A
Flight id: SQ0221 [SIN-SYD] [Singapore Airlines]
----------------------------------------------------------[ 15/03/2008 20:39 ]-
Old 21st March 2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame Hutchison View Post
From ACARS data it looks like te 15th march was the first SIN-SYD flight for 9V-SKC.
[ 15/03/2008 20:39 ]-
Thanks Grahame, I was beginning to get that impression from my Googling... so it looks like I was on the third revenue service, new personal best for me.

Is that a UTC timestamp relating to its arrival in Sydney or a local one for Singapore?

Was kind of fun as we left, we taxiied past SKA and SKB parked near the SIN budget terminal, the world's entire in service fleet of A380s within a few metres of each other.
Old 21st March 2008, 06:55 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

Hi Robert,

Yes, I believe the times are UTC.

I have been in Singapore a few times lately and seen SKA and SKB together, but you have gone one better with all three together.