Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 2nd April 2008, 06:25 AM

I believe they are also installing them at NZAA.
Old 2nd April 2008, 06:44 PM

Talking "Cutty Say Can't Hang"

I remember seeing them on Flying High way back in 1980. That was solely responsible for me becoming interested in aviation!

That and learning how to speak Jive.
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jarse View Post
I remember seeing them on Flying High way back in 1980. That was solely responsible for me becoming interested in aviation!

That and learning how to speak Jive.
Haha, that was exactly what popped into mind!
Old 4th April 2008, 09:03 AM

I was pulled over back in 2005 at Heathrow to stand in 3 positions while the scanner photographed me. It looked like an x ray as the person who asked me to do it walked around a barrier. There are markings on the floor where you need to place your feet and they also got me to raise my arms on the last pose...I noticed all single guys at this point were asked to walk through the new scanner.
Old 4th April 2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T Syd View Post
I was pulled over back in 2005 at Heathrow to stand in 3 positions while the scanner photographed me. It looked like an x ray as the person who asked me to do it walked around a barrier. There are markings on the floor where you need to place your feet and they also got me to raise my arms on the last pose...I noticed all single guys at this point were asked to walk through the new scanner.
I went through the same machine in 2004. I was travelling alone too.

I have no problem with the fact they can see through your clothes, my problem is the radiation. I swear I could feel a fuzzy sensation when they were scanning me!
Old 4th April 2008, 01:39 PM

I saw this in Moscow a few months back (along with another member of this board). Thing is though, in Moscow they don't properly seperate the person viewing it from the scene, so they are sitting behind a desk, and can see quite clearly what is going on without much difficulty.

We stood there for a few mins observing the people and the corresponding image on the computer. Certainly doesn't leave much to the imagination. I remember waiting for a lovely looking lady with large knockers to pass through the machine And then we were wooshed away by security.

I have no problem with this as long as the person on the machine can't see the person going through the machine, as this would have privacy issues.