Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion

Old 17th January 2010, 01:38 PM

Dont ring just turn up & hassle to join a tour. I tried phone/emails nothing answered so i turned up one day & found the staff disinterested but i got on a pensioners group tour.Great tour in the end .I suppose for security reasons some prior notice of who is coming needs to be known but i tried several times to contact them but no response.

Last edited by Danny G; 17th January 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 19th January 2010, 09:48 PM

If that was an option I would danny. Unfortunately taking 2 kids under 2 removes any part of spontaneous decisions like this.

Back in Melb now, very disappointed to say the least at the complete lack of contact. Not sure if I will be back in Syd in a position to do the tour before it shuts but I would suggest that if the tour operators read this they actually listen to the messages and act on them, then ppl's hard earned $$$ might come their way.
Old 20th January 2010, 10:43 AM

Default Tarmac tour just joining tour

Hi guys,

I appologise for any delay in people getting back to you. Tarmac Tours shut down over Christmas and New Year. We are only just starting to get things going again.

DO NOT just show up and try to get on a tour. Saturdays and some Sundays this may be possible, however, pre booked tours like Senior groups get first refusal, also if it is a Scout group, birthday party or school group you WILL NOT be allowed on. This is because of the child protection laws, (we all have to have police checks and sign a Prohibited Employment Declaration because we are working with children).

I hope that this helps and I look forward to seeing you all some time in the future.

Phil McLeod