Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 2nd October 2011, 12:59 PM

Default "Pacific Star" - Ansett new livery/name?

Hi all. Since we've had the 10th Anniversy of the Ansett collapse recently, Ben Sandilands wrote a number of articles including comments that Air New Zealand was about to rebrand Ansett as either "Pacific Star" or "Australian Star".

Previously I have read articles saying that Ansett was about to be rebranded as Pacific Star. A number of sources had indicated that either an A320 or a 767-300 was even in a hangar in NZ with the new name/livery either applied or about to be applied.

Since a number of articles over the years have tended to suggest the plans were well advanced, it seems curious that I have never been able to track down any images/ sources about what the livery would have been. I thought someone on here might either have an idea or can point us to a link where this info may have already been revealed??

Old 3rd October 2011, 12:05 PM

It's never been revealed.

My cousin was a partner in the design company that did all the branding but is unable to divulge info due to strict confidentialty clauses....which is strange given Ansett's bankruptcy meant he never got paid and was left with a $500K bad debt.
Old 7th October 2011, 06:42 PM

$500k design bill? No wonder they went broke, sanctioning that kind of expense, even if they didn't pay it, it signals a trend. It seems the timing of the re-branding was a little off when restructuring would have been money better spent.

Last edited by Mike W; 7th October 2011 at 06:50 PM.