Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > International Industry

Old 24th August 2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan N View Post
According to the Qantas website, QF128 arrived in SYD at 11:04pm, 4 minutes after the curfew.
No, it didn't arrive after curfew. 11:04pm is the time it arrived at the gate. Curfew is based on the landing time which was 10:58pm.
Old 24th August 2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel F View Post
No, it didn't arrive after curfew. 11:04pm is the time it arrived at the gate. Curfew is based on the landing time which was 10:58pm.
I was driving on Cleveland street heading from the Moore Park area to Sydney Uni, and I was quite surprised to see a QF 744 on approach to 16R so late. I looked at the dashboard clock and the time was 11:58pm. I was 100% the time was accurate as I checked my watch as well.

I think they wouldve just beaten the curfew by a matter of seconds. If not I don't know if they would have enough fuel to divert, esp if they had to cruise at a higher CI to make up for lost time or just to make the curfew.
Old 24th August 2008, 11:26 AM

or he had authorised approval to land break the curfew, it is possible to get, especially as the problem was not of the airlines making

Banjo
Old 24th August 2008, 01:13 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Chan View Post
I looked at the dashboard clock and the time was 11:58pm. I was 100% the time was accurate as I checked my watch as well.
Dickson,
Given Rwy 16R/34L was closed north of Twy Bravo-10 at 2305 immediately following the departure of the Saudi B747SP, then I think either your clocks must be wrong, or you've made a typo here.

QF128 even asked the tower to confirm they still had a landing clearance as the time was running fine. The landing time that Daniel F has quoted is correct according to reports made to me by Eyeball MkII and Eardrum MkI.

Cheers
Old 24th August 2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Chan View Post
I was driving on Cleveland street heading from the Moore Park area to Sydney Uni, and I was quite surprised to see a QF 744 on approach to 16R so late. I looked at the dashboard clock and the time was 11:58pm. I was 100% the time was accurate as I checked my watch as well.

I think they wouldve just beaten the curfew by a matter of seconds.
If the flight landed on 16R and made it to the gate by 11:04pm, then it would most likely have made the curfew by more than just a few seconds. Maybe its time to resync your watch.

Anyway... check this out... http://tinyurl.com/6g8jef