Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 26th August 2008, 01:30 PM

Just on the new Internatonal carpark .. why the hell WOULDN"Tt they build a pedestrian overpass from the carpark to the terminal instead of making pedestrians cross over the road (at the lights) and holding up vehicular traffic and adding to the congestion already caused by the poorly designed roads.. ..and to make matters worse they have put another pedestrain crossing up in the depatures level ... I guess they might start charging people to cross the road soon ..... Macquarie$$$$$$$$

Benjo
Old 27th December 2008, 07:58 AM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel C View Post
The transmissometers have been just about commissioned for use in periods of low visibility. I think the final paperwork is just about completed.
Sorry to bump this back to the top, but I believe this mornings fog was the first time the recently commissioned (19th December 2008) transmissometers have been used in anger in place of traditional RVR's.
Old 27th December 2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham B View Post
Just on the new Internatonal carpark .. why the hell WOULDN"Tt they build a pedestrian overpass from the carpark to the terminal instead of making pedestrians cross over the road (at the lights) and holding up vehicular traffic and adding to the congestion already caused by the poorly designed roads.. ..and to make matters worse they have put another pedestrain crossing up in the depatures level ... I guess they might start charging people to cross the road soon ..... Macquarie$$$$$$$$

Benjo
they did build a pedestrian overpass, best way to get to departures
Old 27th December 2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel C View Post
Sorry to bump this back to the top, but I believe this mornings fog was the first time the recently commissioned (19th December 2008) transmissometers have been used in anger in place of traditional RVR's.
It was pretty dense fog this morning...that doesn't surprise me.

I was up at Qantas drive from 6.30-8.15, and you couldn't see the airfield for most of that time! And especially eariler in the piece, some of the birds were coming through some pretty dense fog, and making their prescence known quite late. Did manage to get a few excellent shots with the fog!