Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion

Old 26th July 2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Smith View Post
Arthur,

Can I ask your methodology for working out your mileage accrual?

The standard mileage accured on SQ 232 is 3918.
But because the flight was taken bewteen April and June, SIA will another 3918 (double) miles to its members as "SUP" points, which you can use them to upgrade your seats for travels in July - September.

Passengers on VS flights can get points for V Australia's Velocity Programme. Hence if your ticket shows a VS code, then you can earn points to Velocity hence free flights/upgrades on V Australia and its subsidary Virgin Blue.

Quote:
I suggest if you want something a little more enticing than "chicken or beef", select a special meal prior to departure (and by that I mean, log into the website, load up your booking and choose a special meal preference) - I personally choose the MOML despite not being of the muslim faith, and thoroughly enjoy each meal.

SYDSIN vv is always a 2 meal service, BF and refreshment for SQ220, LN and refreshment for SQ232 and DN and refreshment SQ222 (or refreshment then DN it's been a while since I've taken SQ222) - you try and tell the F/A's that you want a full two meal experience on this service and see what response you get!
I remember the SQ221 service is a Dinner - Breakfast service, hence I think SIN - SYD vv can provide a 2 full meal rather than 1 meal + 1 refreshment service. Perhaps they can simply change the refreshment to "afternoon tea" next time!

Anyway, having said the food is not enough for a big eatter, the quality of food is pretty good for lunch but think the fried rice will be much better than the pie I had!

Finally, just an Off Topic, but wanna know why I can't got Haggen Dazs in Australia?

Last edited by Arthur T; 26th July 2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 27th July 2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur T View Post
The standard mileage accured on SQ 232 is 3918.
But because the flight was taken bewteen April and June, SIA will another 3918 (double) miles to its members as "SUP" points, which you can use them to upgrade your seats for travels in July - September.
Actually, the standard mileage accrual SYDSIN is 3912. With those upgrade points, I didn't think they counted towards mileage accrual simply just counting towards the upgrade promotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur T
Passengers on VS flights can get points for V Australia's Velocity Programme. Hence if your ticket shows a VS code, then you can earn points to Velocity hence free flights/upgrades on V Australia and its subsidary Virgin Blue.
As this flight is a code-share flight for VS, I would be surprised if you got Velocity Points on this flight

Quote:
I remember the SQ221 service is a Dinner - Breakfast service, hence I think SIN - SYD vv can provide a 2 full meal rather than 1 meal + 1 refreshment service.
I don't think it's a full 2 meal service moreso a 1.5 full meal service, happy to stand corrected. I'll let you know in a month (due to take SQ221 18AUG).

Quote:
Anyway, having said the food is not enough for a big eatter
Eat before you fly or ask the cabin crew for some cup noodles to tie you over. Think outside the PTV

Quote:
Finally, just an Off Topic, but wanna know why I can't got Haggen Dazs in Australia?
Didn't realise there was an import ban on Haagen Dasz icecream in Australia, fairly sure you can buy it at Coles or Woolies (Safeway for the mexicans )