Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 24th June 2022, 12:25 PM
Prolific Member

Default Perth gets a tornado

Quote:
Perth's Aviation Heritage Museum is celebrating the arrival of a Tornado GR4 to its collection of historic aircraft after a long campaign.

Royal Australian Air Force Association (RAAFA) WA head Ian Craig says the organisation began applying to get the aircraft, which the public can see from next month at the Bull Creek museum, from the United Kingdom three years ago.

"We started this campaign in June 2019 so it's been exactly three years," Mr Craig told Christine Layton on ABC Radio Perth.

"It's the only Tornado in the world, the GR4, [on display] outside of the UK.…….. "We have one of only 17 Lancasters left in the world, we have a Spitfire, we have a Dakota, we have a Catalina," he said.

"Our collection is world-renowned and it's sitting here in little old Perth in Bull Creek, it's just amazing that we've got this collection here.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-...seum/101173590

I think I will have to pay them a visit when I am in Perth, one of only a few I have yet to see.
Old 24th June 2022, 04:09 PM

Only a few minutes from where I live and when I was speaking with a Museum official last week, watching the Tornado being reassembled, he said that the ex R A A F F/A-18B should be delivered within a few months.