Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 22nd February 2021, 02:28 PM

See Executive Traveller. REX now starting with one aircraft on 1 March for the first week.
Old 22nd February 2021, 03:11 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis McLean View Post
See Executive Traveller. REX now starting with one aircraft on 1 March for the first week.
Bit clickbaitish! Try “ Mr Sharp said that while Rex would “stand its ground in these routes, even if inevitably both carriers will be making significant losses”, the drag on its financial position would force it to cease flying on five other “marginal” routes: Sydney to Bathurst, Cooma, Lismore and Grafton - all routes on which Rex is the only airline operating - as well as Adelaide to Kangaroo Island (which Qantas entered last year).

Rex said it would pull those services when the federal government’s Regional Airline Network Support (RANS) package ends in March. The RANS program was designed to maintain air connections to regional Australia amid a collapse in passenger numbers at the start of COVID-19, and came after Rex threatened to ground its entire fleet unless the government underwrote its operations.”

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...22-p574k4.html
Old 24th February 2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Ex-VA 738s VH-VUU (now VH-REX) and VH-VUV (now VH-PAG) due to arrive in BNE from CGK tonight on delivery to REX.
Tristan, I have added your post above to the REX thread.

There has been no movement as yet of the two newly registered REX B738s either as post maintenance test flights or the delivery flights to BNE. I will watch with interest as the day progresses.
Old 24th February 2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
Tristan, I have added your post above to the REX thread.

There has been no movement as yet of the two newly registered REX B738s either as post maintenance test flights or the delivery flights to BNE. I will watch with interest as the day progresses.
No worries.

With any of these sorts of things, always STC.
Keeping my eyes peeled as well
Old 24th February 2021, 01:33 PM

With regards to the odd rego "VH-PAG" that Rex has choosen - Is there any meaning to it ie I recall in the older days an aircraft in timetables being abbreviated to 'PAG'. Any chance Rex used to operate that type of aircraft in the older days ie Piper Navajo/Chieftan?

* Answered my question - in the older Hazelton days the Piper Chieftan was used so that must by why VH-PAG was choosen.
Old 24th February 2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S... 2 View Post
With regards to the odd rego "VH-PAG" that Rex has choosen - Is there any meaning to it ie I recall in the older days an aircraft in timetables being abbreviated to 'PAG'. Any chance Rex used to operate that type of aircraft in the older days ie Piper Navajo/Chieftan?

* Answered my question - in the older Hazelton days the Piper Chieftan was used so that must by why VH-PAG was choosen.
I wonder if its also related to 'PAG Asia Capital' who reportedly invested $50 mill in REX?
https://australianaviation.com.au/20...7-goes-to-rex/
Old 24th February 2021, 02:14 PM

I was wondering the same thing, Steve until I read about REX's investment deal with, you named it PAG, who are funding the airlines expanded domestic operations to the tune of $150m. Its full name is PAG Regulus Holdings Pte Ltd but I can't find what PAG stands for.

Therefore, forget the personalised initials on aircraft registration, such as the RM* or CZ* series and BZG, why not put the company who is funding REXs foray into capital city services on one of your newly acquired jets. Something a bit different. One day we might get registrations such as COM, NAB or STG when a deal is brokered, but only if the regos are available!
Old 24th February 2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
I was wondering the same thing, Steve until I read about REX's investment deal with, you named it PAG, who are funding the airlines expanded domestic operations to the tune of $150m. Its full name is PAG Regulus Holdings Pte Ltd but I can't find what PAG stands for.

Therefore, forget the personalised initials on aircraft registration, such as the RM* or CZ* series and BZG, why not put the company who is funding REXs foray into capital city services on one of your newly acquired jets. Something a bit different. One day we might get registrations such as COM, NAB or STG when a deal is brokered, but only if the regos are available!
From the good old Wikipedia "PAG was founded in 2002 as the Pacific Alliance Group"
Old 24th February 2021, 04:26 PM

Nothing on Flight Aware yet re PAG and REX coming tonight
Old 25th February 2021, 02:44 AM

According to Flightaware VH-REX is scheduled to leave CGK at 14:30 local (17:30 SYD time) to arrive in BNE at 23:44 today, Thursday and VH-PAG is scheduled to leave CGK at 14:45 (17:45 SYD time) to arrive in BNE at 00:01 on Friday morning. This puts one aircraft 15 minutes behind the other.

Arriving at BNE around midnight makes me wonder if both aircraft or one of them is painted in a special livery that REX does not want anyone to see until it is revealed.

Last edited by James Smith; 25th February 2021 at 02:49 AM.