Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Services and General > Admin and Feedback

Old 12th May 2012, 10:12 PM

Massive thank you to Kurt, Anne, Nigel and everyone at SACL for today's efforts. Had a fantastic time on the bus, in company of other board members and will be raving about this for weeks to come!

The Spotting Weekend has also been great in putting names to faces, and establishing more personal ties with other members I've been exchanging PMs with for a while. Had a great time!
Old 12th May 2012, 10:25 PM

I should also add, I had a few curious enquiries about my JAL hoodie today. For the benefit of those who enquired, I got it from here: http://stores.ebay.com.au/airlineshirts
Old 12th May 2012, 10:40 PM

IMG_3942.jpg by AussiePomm, on Flickr

Thanks guys, I had a great time, to which the tour would not have happened without your discussions, proposals to SACL and for the passion of making it achievable...

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 13th May 2012, 06:30 PM

Just finished off my plane spotting weekend coming back from the last activity which was the flight simulator ( I am speechless, this thing is ...., sorry got nothing Im speechless ). You just have to see it to beleive it.

So from the start:

Thanks to Michael, Nigel, Anne, Kurt and SACL for the Airport Tour.

Thanks to Kurt and Stephen Brown for the trivia night, also Mark for setting up his ADS-B for us to view and appreciate.

Thanks to Nathan Long, David Morrell, Luke Chittock and the others that contributed to the prizes to give away.

Thanks to Joe Corrigan for allowing us to go into his home and view his Flight Sim set up. I'd like to tell you about it but i'm speechless.

Lastly Thanks to everyone that I crossed paths with that made my weekend amazing.

Look forward to future events and seeing members out and about.
Old 13th May 2012, 09:39 PM

Michael, Nigel, Anne, Kurt Thank you!

the tour yesterday was really incredible, not only from a photographers perspective but also from a position of hopefully setting a precedent for going forward with SACL and the airport from here, in our spotter/authority relationship.

It's a small start, but I think Kurt went about it to initially get the ball rolling in a fantastic way, and now its 'worked' without any chaos caused, hopefully it can be a more regular thing.

cheers again guys!
Old 14th May 2012, 06:20 PM
Prolific Member

For the guys and gals who were on the tour, I'd like to say a personal thanks to you too. Everything from your promptness at the start of the day, to your cooperation airside during the event was a credit to you all. You helped the day run without any hassles and for that I am greatly appreciative.

The photos I seen so far are fantastic, and I hope we get the chance to do it all again sometime.

Cheers
Old 14th May 2012, 10:58 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks to all who organised the tour, a brilliant experience for us all to be so close to the action.
Roll on the next tour, I can see there will be a waiting list for those wanting to take part in it.

Forthcoming flights
To be advised.