Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting Weekend 2014

Old 21st March 2014, 03:16 PM

Tickets are all booked. Looking forward to some good times!!
As always massive thanks to everyone who organises and helps out with this weekend!
Old 21st March 2014, 05:39 PM
YSSY Forum Administrator

Thumbs up

Hello everyone,

This is just a quick note to let you know that both airfield tour allocations for our upcoming Spotting Weekend in April have now been exhausted and that participant selections were made randomly by computer today based on the original registration received and by eligibility outlined in the initial notification at the start of this thread.

Those successful applicants should have by now been contacted by Sydney Airport with confirmation details and important information that requires adherence. Please check your email inbox.

Again, congratulations to all those who were successful in randomly attaining a spot on a tour, and for all those unfortunately unsuccessful this time around, please continue to support us and the Spotting Weekend by attending both the SACL Rooftop event on Friday afternoon from 4.30pm and the AFP (Australian Federal Police) Airport Watch Presentation on Saturday morning at Sydney Airport Media Centre.

Both these events are free and everyone is invited and welcome. We already have over 50 people coming to the SACL Rooftop event, so it's set to be an awesome gathering of like minded people. Come join us!

Please register your interest on the following web page [link].

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you in April!
Old 21st March 2014, 06:16 PM

The roof top event, does that require a notification from SACL regarding attendance or do you just show up if you have already registered? Also with regards to the roof top event, is it 1645 sharp or whenever you can make it within the time it's on, at this point in time it doesn't look like I will be able to finish work at CBR airport until 1515!
24/1/24 JQ724 (YXS)
26/1/24 QF1913 (UYY)
20/1/24 QF1451 (LQM)
19/1/24 QF1442 (QOR)
7/1/24 QF1530 (YQW)
7/1/24 JQ740 (YXQ)
Old 23rd March 2014, 12:30 PM

This a fantastic idea. Well done to all who organised it. I received my email yesterday. Due to work I'll only be at the Saturday events. It'll be good to meet some new like minded plane obsessed people
Old 25th March 2014, 10:51 AM
YSSY Forum Administrator

Exclamation

Hi everyone, just a quick update.

For those who have received confirmation for an Airfield Bus Tour, please ensure you send your ID Access form and ID to the following email address prior 1 April.

Yssy.Planespotter@syd.com.au

We're also hoping to send out a reminder to those who have registered for the SACL Rooftop event, mainly about the location and timing requirements.

For entrance to the SACL Rooftop, we ask that you bring your confirmation print-out from the EventBrite Website, so we can verify your attendance when you arrive.

We request that everyone arrives by 4.45pm to ease the access to the rooftop. But of course we understand that not everyone can arrive on time. In this case, if you're already aware that you will be arriving late, please let either myself or Anne Walker at Sydney Airport know by contacting us below. This way, we can plan to have an internal SACL Staff Member available to swipe your access to the rooftop during the event.

Anne Walker
Yssy.Planespotter@syd.com.au

Kurt A
boardadmin@yssyforum.net

Currently over 65 registrations received for the SACL Rooftop event. Don't miss the party, register here to come [link]

See you all soon.
Old 4th April 2014, 03:47 PM

Best of luck guys, not sure how I missed seeing this until I saw Keiran's post on Facebook today. Let's hope the rain clears and this is an enormous success. Best wishes!
Old 5th April 2014, 09:20 AM

As of one the lucky "tourists" on the tour today, all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you. The tour was great and the weather improved, despite the gloomy forecast.

I am sure everyone will agree that Anne, Kurt and Nigel put on a superb tour - words can't express how great the morning was. Thank you to all involved!
Old 5th April 2014, 09:26 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I'm crying that I have just missed out again twice!!

I have just found out that my friend's photos in fb.

Will there be the same again next year?
Old 5th April 2014, 10:40 AM

Thanks to Kurt, Anne and Nigel for the tour this morning! It was an amazing experience to watch the activity a little closer and get some nice shots of rotations and landings and some different angles to the norm.

Was also great to meet some folks from the forum as well. Hoping that this will happen again soon.
Old 5th April 2014, 12:11 PM

I was one of the lucky persons who was selected for the Friday afternoon spotting event. Though the weather was a disappointment, but a big thank you to Kurt, Anne and Nigel for organising everything. It was an amazing experience to watch all the planes this close-up.

Also, it was fantastic to meet everyone. Hope this will happen again soon.