Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 1st February 2012, 07:32 AM
Prolific Member

Default Qantaslink 717 BNE scheds are out

Starts 15 March with 1 aircraft commencing ROK,GLT 15 March and then MKY from 26 March.

Aircraft 2 doesn't appear to come on line till June.

When both are in service BNE-MKY 13 a week each way
BNE-ROK 15 a week each way
BNE-GLT 15 a week each way.

Schedules on Qantas web site.
Old 1st February 2012, 07:51 AM

From Qantas:
Quote:
QANTASLINK EXPANDS ACROSS QUEENSLAND
JETS INTO ROCKHAMPTON, GLADSTONE AND MACKAY
ADDS CAPACITY TO NINE KEY DESTINATIONS
BRISBANE, 31 January 2012: QantasLink today announced a significant boost to services throughout
Queensland.
QantasLink will launch Boeing 717 services to Rockhampton and Gladstone on 15 March and Mackay on 26
March 2012 following the addition of the B717 aircraft into its fleet.
QantasLink was recently voted the world’s best regional airline by prestigious aviation journal Air Transport
World.
QantasLink Executive Manager Narendra Kumar said he was very pleased to announce that QantasLink
would be jetting off to three booming Queensland destinations.
“The introduction of QantasLink’s two new B717 aircraft in Queensland will deliver an increase of over 200,000
seats per year in Queensland,” Mr Kumar said.
“QantasLink’s new 115-seat B717 services will offer customers faster flight times and more seats at peak
times by complementing existing aircraft on these routes.”
By mid year, the QantasLink B717 services will result in:
• 1,674 additional seats per week to Gladstone which will see QantasLink provide more than 9,100
seats per week on the route.
• 806 additional seats on QantasLink services increasing seats offered by the Qantas Group
between Brisbane and Mackay to 13,884 per week (operated by both Jetstar and QantasLink).
• 598 additional seats to Rockhampton, offering over 8,400 seats per week.
QantasLink has also today announced it will introduce new Q300 and Q400 aircraft services across several
key Queensland destinations including:
- Increased flights to Emerald from 76 to 84 flights per week resulting in an additional 592 seats.
- Roma will have an additional two flights per week which will offer QantasLink customers 244 extra
seats.
- Four extra flights will operate to Bundaberg creating 200 more seats.
QantasLink also recently added new services and upgraded capacity
Also plans to launch to a new destination Middlemount for the mining market.
Old 1st February 2012, 08:31 AM

Schedules look a little mixed up on their website at the moment... suspect they've loaded in the 717s and haven't yet taken off the corresponding DHC8s. Also the 717s are not yet bookable despite the press release.

Is there likely to be some kind of linkage to an existing 717 port, eg ADL, CNS or DRW, to swap aircraft around for MX etc? ADL would make most sense to me as a lot of the MX is done there.

Finally, has there been any word on which two frames are coming and what their registrations will be?

Last edited by Rowan McKeever; 1st February 2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 1st February 2012, 08:56 AM
Prolific Member

Yes Rowan they haven't taken out the Dash 8's as yet.

I worked out through the press release(seat numbers) that BNE-GLT will gain a extra 3 flights a week on what is currently operational prior to 15 March, however the other 2 destinations are not as easy to work out particularly MKY where 320's as well as Dash's operate.
Old 1st February 2012, 09:07 AM

That's what I thought Lloyd, thanks Didn't think they'd have two flights (717 and DH4) running at the same time.

The one I can't work out is Roma where they say 2 additional (return) flights a week with 244 seats, the closest I can get is 248 assuming one DH4 and one DH3?
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:19 AM

Does this mean the end of using Alliance F100 on the MKY and ROK route?

Also how will these 2 B717s be rotated with the rest of the fleet which is based in WA?

Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:10 AM

Brad, I was looking yesterday and there's definitely still F100s on MKY and ROK, at least as far out as mid-July. I imagine the idea of that is to help release Q400s for other ops, perhaps WA/SA or just increased QLD/NSW flying.

Cheers
Rowan
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:21 AM
Banned

Are these the services that Alliance are using F100's on presently ?
Old 3rd February 2012, 07:15 AM
Prolific Member

Rowan Hi,yes i have noticed that the F100's are still in there albeit to a lesser extent.I counted 14 a week total to ROK and MKY in total.However are these Alliance or Network.

Network is rumoured to be coming to BNE in 2012.I assume when they get enough of the 10 new ones they will move 2-3 over to Brissie.

Also BNE-Moranbah was 33 a week recently but shows 40 a week in June.
Old 3rd February 2012, 08:01 AM

Hey Lloyd When I looked the other day they were showing as Alliance as per the current contract. As you say though I wouldn't be surprised to see the F100 flying switch across to Network when more of their aircraft come in.

What does surprise me (and sorry that this is a little off-topic) is that VA also went to Alliance for F100 ops when they are so closely tied to Skywest. I suppose Alliance knows QLD better but it's not like Skywest aren't pro with the aircraft (and couldn't pull in a couple of extra units).