Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements

Old 28th March 2008, 11:28 AM

Default Last Service For Freedom Air

I have just looked around on the net and Freedom Air are to cancel their services to Sydney from Tomorrow(Sat 29th). The last flight will be SJ735 tomorrow arriving at 5:30pm from Palmerston North then will depart back on Sunday at 9:30am to Palmerston North. Its services and i asume aircraft will be taken over by Air New Zealand as now its fully owned by them.

Unfortunatly it will be the last time you will be able to spot the Freedom Air A320 with the Warner Brothers livery ZK-OJO(Hopefully) in Sydney.

Tim

Last edited by Tim Bowrey; 28th March 2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 28th March 2008, 11:31 AM

Ohhh make sure someone gets pics and posts them!

Nick or Tim - you guys seem to have a photo for every occasion!
Old 28th March 2008, 01:23 PM

I don't imagine the aircraft will be repainted straight away. You will probably still see the odd Freedom A320 operating Air New Zealand services.

Regards.
Old 28th March 2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
You will probably still see the odd Freedom A320 operating Air New Zealand services.
It's been happening for a long time. It was quite regular on NZ domestic routes a while back when they were flying 73's.

The A320's are all owned by Zeal 320 Ltd and the flights are operated by that company on behalf of either NZ or SJ. I don't know whether they plan to keep operating like that or whether the aircraft will return to NZ.
Old 28th March 2008, 08:46 PM

Hi,

The Air New Zealand A320's and the Freedom Air A320's have been flying both NZ & SJ routes for a long time regardless of colour scheme.

I booked an NZ flight from CHC to SYD only to turn up and the colourful ZK-OJO was at the gate to operate it. Parked next to ZK-OJO was ZK-OJG ready to depart on an SJ flight from CHC-OOL wearing NZ colour scheme.

I might add, the interiors on the SJ & NZ A320's are identical.
Old 3rd April 2008, 07:11 PM

Wink

Hi all.
Was at the mound Tuesday morning, April 1 when ZK-OJO flew in and out on an ANZ a.m. schedule.
The starboard side remains complete with the Warner Bros characters. Interestingly, the port side is already stripped of it's decals and is plain yellow, although a little of the decals from starboard side tops over the centre of the roofline at one point.
I don't know if this is freshly done or not, as I haven't been to yssy in a while.
Cheers for now, John.