Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 22nd March 2008, 03:55 PM

Default Tiger Questions

Hi All,

I am travelling up to QLD tomorrow evening on Tiger and just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1. do there seats recline? I read somewhere that they didnt?
2. as well as the menu do they have buy on board merchandise as well as food?
3. Whats their on time performance like and are they cancelling manu flights?

Thanks in advance. I am looking forward to trying them out.

J
Old 22nd March 2008, 05:39 PM

1. seats do recline, i can assure you, there nice and compfy well, good thick seats
2. At the moment only food, but i was told in the Third Quarter of 2008 they will bring out an "Australian Merchandise Menu"
3. Tiger hasn't cancelled flights since january, and you might be lucky to even takeoff/land earlier!!!, thats the benefit of having everyone ready 45mins earlier. The average tiger flight might be delayed 10-15 mins here and there, but mostly flights are early which is good. If you fly to Perth, Darwin or Hobart, you might want to watch, as these are the most delayed flights

Anyway, Tiger are cool, nice and cheap, i miss QF though
Have a good flight, dont forget to take heaps of photos for a Trip Report!!

Old 23rd March 2008, 07:38 AM

Thanks for the info lukas, i will have my camera with me so keep an eye out for the trip report!

J
Old 23rd March 2008, 09:10 PM

Well, i just have to say that my tiger flight today was pretty good! We left the terminal early and arrived at ool ahead of schedule, check in was simple, fast and easy, flight crew were pleasant, friendly and professional. i paid $19.95 each for myself, my wife and little son, and i think they are gonna be a VERY strong contender in the aus domestic market!

Now after writing them up so high i hope the flight home is as good!
Old 24th March 2008, 07:57 AM

Tiger is going to release their On Time Performance as of Tuesday Week(begin to record), and because they have a smaller fleet, if they have a few more delays here and there, could this ruin their OTP, as in a record low

Old 1st April 2008, 09:45 PM

Flew the return leg today on tiger (VNB) and i just have to say that i am VERY pleased with them, we had no problems with their check in, their flight attendants, both my flights were on time even early, we landed at just before 20 to 7 tonight when we were due in at 10 to 7, we DIDNT have to pay for our pram, which contradicts the website, the check in agent we had today said that we could take my sons bag on board and put the pram through and not pay (which we were grateful for her help) when we were walking out to board the flight i had my son in one arm and carry on bag wheeling behind me, and my wife had my laptop and my sons wiggles bag and the flight attendant saw us heading for the doors and offered to come down and assist us with all of our carry ons, which i thought was pure customer service, all in all i have to say that tiger are being too harshly bashed in the media, it wasn't only us that flew up to ool this past week but my parents flew separate flights and my friend flew ool to mel with them sunday night and my aunty flew mel to lst return with them and we all happily agree that they really were a good airline to fly - so go TIGERR!
Old 1st April 2008, 10:19 PM

Lukas - you need to refer to the DOTARs reporting to understand how OTP reporting actually works.

It works off a % of flights - therefore fleet size doesn't disadvantage (or advantage) the operator.

DOTAR's also produce stats on individual airlines operations on particular routes & our of particular airports - it's very easy to identify issues.

Given that SYD presents the most OTP challenges to domestic operators (both due to CTMS delays & flow changes due to single runway or other operational issues), Tiger is actually immune from a large OTP thorn.

I highly doubt Tiger could suffer a "record low" OTP result - especially given the results DJ/QF experienced last winter due to weather issues - if they are lower then that, when they don't operate from SYD, have a fair bit of operational flexability, a small fleet size & the weather has been good - then they'll be up the creek once winter hits, they get a few more planes & start flying to SYD!!

A little bit of research before posting doesn't go astray....