Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 3rd December 2008, 07:32 PM

Default Reg Grundy

Can anyone inform me of the rego no. off reg grundys 737 thats parked at yssy at the moment.I cant seem to get it as i drive past.Question.how much does it cost to park a plane at yssy,not that it worries reg.lucky bastard
Old 3rd December 2008, 07:53 PM

I think the rego is N164RJ. It is often parked at the Jetbase so it is very visable from Qantas Drive - stunning aircraft!
Old 3rd December 2008, 07:58 PM

Correct Sarah and the C/N is 30328 if you need that as well.
Old 3rd December 2008, 08:22 PM
Prolific Member

It has been doing shuttle flights over past week between BNE-SYD.

Currently in Brisbane

Name is Reg Grundy.
Old 4th December 2008, 08:38 AM

Here is a great story on Reg and his wife from Yesterdays Telegraph Online.

Quote:
A SMART girl can never have too much of a good thing, which must surely make Joy Chambers-Grundy one of the smartest women around.

Chambers-Grundy has been married to the multi-millionaire television producer Reg Grundy for 37 years and the couple, who have no children but one very pampered dog, remain devoted to one another. So much so, they have married five times.

On the eve of a glamorous private event being held tomorrow night to celebrate Reg Grundy's 85th birthday, the Grundys allowed Confidential a peek into their private albums for a look back at their weddings.

Chambers-Grundy, who was 18 when she met the 40-something Grundy at a Brisbane television audition in the late 1960s, thought her future husband looked like "a lovely elderly man in a checked suit" upon first meeting him.

But after dating for a couple of years, the TV panellist married the divorcee in a North Sydney Methodist church in October 1972 in a ceremony planned and executed within 24 hours.

The haste was necessary as Grundy wanted to legitimise their relationship before they flew to London on holiday.

"RG wanted to do it for our mothers," Chambers-Grundy explained. "I phoned a small store in Gordon and they opened up early in the morning and I rushed in and bought the only white dress they had. I hated it."

The couple then flew to the UK and, upon their return two months later, held a proper wedding ceremony in the bride's home town of Ipswich.

"For wedding No. 2 I wore a gown chosen for me by Reg and his great friend Bruce Gyngell. They'd gone shopping together in London. It was teal blue velvet with lace trim. I was determined to hate it but loved it."

Wedding No. 3 took place on the deck of the MV Idolwood, the couple's first yacht, moored in the Mediterranean, on the occasion of their 20th wedding anniversary in December 1992.

Wedding No. 4 was held in December 2002 to mark their 30th wedding anniversary.

"We had originally planned to marry in London all those years before so finally we decided we'd have our London wedding. We married at St Paul's Cathedral."

The fifth wedding was held on the deck of their $100 million five-level motor yacht Boadicea at Fort Lauderdale last year - their 35th wedding anniversary.

Grundy, who now splits his time between Bermuda and the Southern Highlands, received a Companion of the Order of Australia honour earlier this year for his contribution towards the television industry and for the promotion of Australia internationally.

His wealth has been placed at $850 million - a fortune spun from an industry of TV game shows and dramas, and a share portfolio with holdings in WAM Capital, Austereo Group and Argus Solutions and Photon Group.

Asked if there's any chance they'll marry again, Chambers-Grundy said: "Every chance."
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006002,00.html
Old 4th December 2008, 08:46 AM

Reg's little boat...

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?i...%3Den%26sa%3DG
Old 4th December 2008, 08:47 PM

That looks like a damn nice weather radar on that boat ?
Old 4th December 2008, 08:55 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about underwear