Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th June 2011, 08:06 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

So what is the definition of Livery ?

Wikipedia:

Quote:
Livery :
Following on from the decoration of horse-drawn carriages, a livery is the common design and paint scheme a company will use on its vehicles, often using specific colors and logo placement.

In this sense, the term is applied to railway locomotives and rolling stock, ships, aircraft, and road vehicles. For example, United Parcel Service has trucks with a well-known brown livery. Another example is the British Airways ethnic liveries.

The term has become extended to the logos, colors and other distinctive styles of companies in general.
South African airline Kulula has the "Flying 101" livery which features an amusing guide to the various components of the aircraft's interior. The aircraft is lime green all over with white text indicating the components.

I would call the Jetstar change a "minor livery refresh".
Old 30th June 2011, 09:35 PM

Thanks for posting the link Oliver, appreciate the heads up that a change (albeit it subtle) to the livery is on the way. Always of interest to genuine enthusiasts.

I must say I am disappointed at the "frost" that is forming in this place of late, this was an informative and very much on topic post which turned cold very quickly. The board is somewhat a shadow of its former self these days, the deteriation of this thread is one of the reasons why it is happening. Hopefully the moderators take note and quash the ever increasing hostility towards posters.

Again, thanks for posting the information Oliver.
Old 30th June 2011, 10:06 PM

Could the new titles just be for the Jetstar Asia branch?
Old 30th June 2011, 10:33 PM

To be fair Ash, I don't think the "flame" throwing comment was or should have been directed at yourself, you asked a fairly innocuous question...

I think Mr McDonald needs to check himself over his comments which incited the flame off... The use of "der" really wasn't called for

But I digress, Jetstars revision was albeit minor cosmetic change which aren't all that great (IMO) and Olivers notification of it should be appreciated by the aerosexual society...
Old 30th June 2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian N View Post
Thankyou Oliver for posting - can't see why you are being flamed!
I agree. Thanks for posting Oliver! There are subtle changes to the livery, thank you for sharing.
Old 1st July 2011, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
Thanks for posting the link Oliver, appreciate the heads up that a change (albeit it subtle) to the livery is on the way. Always of interest to genuine enthusiasts.

I must say I am disappointed at the "frost" that is forming in this place of late, this was an informative and very much on topic post which turned cold very quickly. The board is somewhat a shadow of its former self these days, the deteriation of this thread is one of the reasons why it is happening. Hopefully the moderators take note and quash the ever increasing hostility towards posters.

Again, thanks for posting the information Oliver.
Well said Craig. Thanks for posting Oliver. I appreciated the information.
ABQ ABX ACV ADD ADL AKL ALB AMA AMS ANC ARN ATH ATL AUA AUH AUS AVL AVV AZA BCN BDL BFL BGO BGR BHD BHM BHQ BIL BIS BKI BKK BLD BLI BLV BNA BNE BOG BOI BOJ BOS BSB BTR BUF BUD BUR BWI BZE BZN CAI CBR CGK CHC CHS CLE CLT CMH CNS CNX COS CPH CPT CTG CTS CUE CUN CUZ CVG CXF CZM DAL DBO DCA DEN DFW DLH DOH DRW DSM DTW DUD DUR DXB ECP ELP EUG EWR EYW EZE FAI FAR FAT FCA FCO FLG FLL FNL FNT FRA FRS FSD FU'K FWA GCN GDL GDN GEG GGW GIG GJT GOT GRI GRR GRU GSP GTF GUA GVA GYE HAM HAN HBA HBE HEL HHH HKD HKG HLZ HND HNL HOU HRL HSV HVB IAD IAH ICN ICT IDA IND INV ISP IST ITM ITO JAB JAX JFK JNB JNU JOG JTR KEF KGC KIX KMI KMJ KMQ KOA KRK KTN KUL LAS LAX LBB LBE LEJ LFT LGA LGB LHR LIH LIM LIN LRD LST MAD MAF MAO MCI MCO MCT MCY MDE MDT MDW MEL MEM MEX MFE MFR MHU MIA MID MKE MNL MOB MOT MQL MRY MSN MSP MSY MTJ MTY MUC MVD MXP MZT NAN NAS NRT NTL OAG OAK OGG OKA OKC OMA OME ONT OOL ORD OSL OTZ OUI PAE PBG PDX PEK PER PHL PHX PIA PIT PLO PLZ PNH PSC PSG PSP PTY PVD PVG PVR PVU RAP RDD RDM RDU REC REP RIC RIX RNO ROC RSW SAL SAN SAT SAV SBA SBD SBN SBP SCK SCL SDF SDU SEA SFO SGF SGN SGU SHA SHV SIN SIT SJC SJD SJO SJU SLC SMF SMX SNA SOF SSA STL STS SUN SYD SYO SYR TIJ TLL TMW TPA TPE TSV TUL TUS TWF TYS VAR VIE VNO VPS WAW WDH WGA WLG WRG WVB XIY XNA YEG YHM YHZ YKM YOW YQB YQG YQM YTZ YUL YUM YVR YWG YXE YYC YYJ YYT YYZ ZRH

Next Trips:
10-29APR LAS-LAX-SYD-ADL-MEL-ADL-KGC-ADL-MEL-SYD-LAX-LAS AA/QF/VA
02-05MAY LAS-ATL-LIT-LAS WN
11-12MAY LAS-DEN/CYS-DEN-LAS UA
18-19MAY LAS-DFW-BRO/HOU-LAS AA/WN
25-27MAY LAS-GEG/MSO-LAS WN/G4
31MAY-03JUN LAS-JFK-LAS DL/B6
08-09JUN LAS-PDX-LAS AS
21-24JUN LAS-GJT-LAS G4
04-08JUL LAS-SEA-ANC-ADQ-ANC-SEA-LAS AS
17-18AUG LAS-SEA-KTN-SEA-LAS AS
29AUG-03SEP LAS-MSP-TVC-DFW-LAS SY/AA
28-29SEP LAS-DEN-LAS UA
08-11NOV LAS-EWR/BTV-ORD-LAS UA
Old 1st July 2011, 08:35 AM
Prolific Member

Well look at it from my perspective Craig.I saw the thread title and got really excited and opened it up and i looked at the photo and thought to myself Huh.

Mayby i shouldnt have made a comment at Oliver and for that i apologise.

I dont open every thread on the board but this one excited me.I must have missed a Jetstar announcement somehow ! How could that be ?

Well can i say that i believe also that QF doesnt have a new livery only a revised livery.

My Opinion Only but i think i am right.
Old 1st July 2011, 09:32 AM

whats this board coming to when people are fighting over whether a plane has titles partially orange or black

Honestly- I'm absolutely shocked at the way people have attacked Oliver and many other posters here.

Simply put- he posted what is a valid change, whilst it may not be something hugely major or significant it is a Definite change and I personally dont see a huge difference between this and the Qantas boldened livery and people were calling that a new livery at the time.

What has modern day political correctness come to if you can't refer to something as a new livery versus saying font change- who cares!

the nanny state we are becoming!
Old 1st July 2011, 09:53 AM

Agreed Craig.

Oliver, thanks for the post. I personally can't see much difference (I don't take a lot of notice to liveries), but I'm sure many others appreciated it.

Cheers

Mick
Old 1st July 2011, 10:55 AM

I like this subtle new change, looks more professional, although the tail titles look a bit out of place with the newer titles but that might just be me.

I had no idea about it, so thanks for posting Oliver!