Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_L View Post
Dan F,

How about this one- the SYDNEY airport message board doesn't Only speak about Sydney lol! Honestly mate I think your being a bit harsh to Danny who really runs a one man show on events like these.. I'd have no hesitation in paying 12 bucks ...
Thanks Matt, appreciate the support and also the aknowledgement of the hard work that goes into a show.
The comforting thing is the majority of members (some of which have become good friends) here share similar thoughts and thats what keeps me going with the show!

Sydney Aviation Shop
Old 17th May 2011, 07:37 PM

Thumbs down Opinions and the freedom to express them

Quote:
Honestly mate I think your being a bit harsh
Actually I think he was expressing a reasonable opinion, based on the name he was expecting more models. Nothing really untoward. Infact I think Danny's direct response to be somewhat a "troll" for Daniel F to react to. Criticism isn't always nice, it doesn't always feel good - a simple "sorry the show didn't live up to your expectations, I've taken your comments on board" may have been a little more politically correct (so to speak).

Quote:
I'd have no hesitation in paying 12 bucks
So you didn't go? Daniel F did and made a reasonable comment, hardly worthy of this cheap shot.

Mods, how about we lock this thread?
Old 17th May 2011, 09:03 PM

Agree Craig.

I didn't go because the title inferred "models" and these are not my interest.

As a kid, I attended the Sydney Model Rail Show and in return for my entry, I saw "models" (trains, not the two-legged, bikini-clad variety) - a fair exchange.

I can not claim to understand the amount of effort required to arrange/organise an event such as this (Danny Rizk), however, a paying patron (Daniel F) is entitled to voice their PoV.

I am not of the view there was any malice intended and suggest all move onwards and upwards (sorry for the poor pun ! ! ! !).
Old 18th May 2011, 08:51 AM

Guys like I said and I'll say again I have no problem recieving "constructive" feedback be it positive or negative... Believe me its not the first time and it wont be the last time, its to be expected.

Sydney Aviation Shop
Old 18th May 2011, 09:39 AM

Craig ,
How is saying I'd pay 12 bucks having a cheap shot! Please! My opinion is valid also and I thought as I said it was a bit harsh considering the facts and what was on display at the show .. And I'm purely entitled to that!
Old 18th May 2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Rizk View Post
Guys like I said and I'll say again I have no problem recieving "constructive" feedback be it positive or negative... Believe me its not the first time and it wont be the last time, its to be expected.
You might not have an issue with receiving feedback, I think the issue is how you take it on board and deal with it. You basically brushed of a paying customer and told him to go elsewhere next year.

I did not go to the show this year but I was there a few years ago. Your hard work is much appreciated and a fantastic family event for Sydney. I think what Dan F's point was possibly the emphases on the models as it is in the title and marketing of the event. To me an event with models, cars, aircraft is like having a second Birthday each year, keep up the good work.
Old 19th May 2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
You might not have an issue with receiving feedback, I think the issue is how you take it on board and deal with it. You basically brushed of a paying customer and told him to go elsewhere next year.

Tony, that is not a correct statement.
Dan F was the one who came up with the alternative of attending Hobbyco instead of the show and it would cost him nothing, I merely encouraged him to take up that advice.

Just to clarify again, I have no problem with constructive feedback.
I understand people will attend the show and not find or see everything they had in mind and thats often out of my hands.

To imply that the $12 paid was not value for money I will say is unreasonable as there was alot on display, more than we have ever had.

I agree there could have been a few more models but in our defence we had 5 traders cancel at very late notice, we also had RC Helicopter displays planned and again we had the pilots cancel at very late notice (One did turn up) so we cancelled the display.

Anyway in conclusion we are learning every year and the show will continue to grow and move forward, I do take ALL comments on board even if I dont agree with them.

Best Regards to all.

Sydney Aviation Shop
Closed Thread