Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Services and General > Admin and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
That said I'm sure next time we organise a spotting weekend, Danny will be happy to offer some support.
Subtle as a sledgehammer, Knudders.
Old 16th May 2011, 04:17 PM

Im not sure how to take all this, but will say Danny puts in a lot of time and money, to bring to us Aussie collectors a great model show every year. Now to those who dont know, I went to the first four shows, unable to make the5th & 6th shows. Ive spoken to Danny about the work involved in bringing it all together, whilst holding down a full time shiftwork job, my point being a top effort in getting joyflights together, and a good days entertainment for aviation activities.
Ok some say he was over zealous promoting it, well, I would have done exactly the same as he did. Seems like it was a great turnout, over 2000 attended, and all I can say is he did yet another bloody good job of it all.
Old 17th May 2011, 04:49 AM

I'm just going to throw this one out there and see where we go...

From the Terms and Conditions of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Terms and Conditions"
3.5 You agree that You will not originate any Message, topic or material on the Board containing links to personal or not-for-profit organisation websites belonging to, staffed or managed by You, unless a reciprocal link to the 'Sydney Airport Message Board' (at http://yssyforum.net ) is placed on the linked page.
Old 17th May 2011, 04:50 AM

I'm just going to throw this one out there and see where we go...

From the Terms and Conditions of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terms and Conditions
3.5 You agree that You will not originate any Message, topic or material on the Board containing links to personal or not-for-profit organisation websites belonging to, staffed or managed by You, unless a reciprocal link to the 'Sydney Airport Message Board' (at http://yssyforum.net ) is placed on the linked page.
Old 17th May 2011, 07:28 AM

Exclamation Clarification

Since I started this sub-thread, can I just say that I did NOT have any issue with a posting that made members aware of the show and its activities.

My issue was the use of multiple closely spaced posts that had the effect of forcing the promotional message to re-appear any time one did a 'New Posts' query. That was my only issue and I think some of the subsequent discussion has gone off the rails in discussing whether the show should be promoted at all, or whether a particular person did or does a terrific job in running the show - none of that has any relevance to my specific 'excessive refresh posts' quibble.

What I personally would find acceptable would be perhaps a post at weekly intervals in the lead up, and maybe one on the day it started, and perhaps even a highlights one for events specific to each day of the show, but not a repetitive post from the organiser about joyflights with no fresh content and with such a 'bare' promotional intent.