Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Trip Reports

Old 11th July 2011, 04:29 PM

Oh lol, i just laughed cause we just got back from palm beach, then we went to the Tugun fruit market where you work, cause pop wanted a pumpkin, and then we crossed the road to get a thick shake from Jack's Hungry :P, and it was so thick my god, yeah wasn't that bad of a delay, there were technicians everywhere in the engines, and they tested them literally 10 times, i could, but its too much of a hassle, but will consider , nah Williamtown is the biggest, i just double checked, but Amberly isn't far behind, yeah well it is a LCC, so turnarounds are tight, but give me a 737NG cockpit anyday! Thanks for your nice comments Brock! Thanks for watching and viewing! P.S, check your youtube inbox.
Old 11th July 2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie P View Post
Having just done a trip up to OOL with JQ, I can not fault them at all, especially the information prior, during and back on the ground waiting for the bay to become available by the flight crew! I flew up to OOL on Saturday morning on JQ19 (A332 from Intl) and back on JQ423 (A320 Dom), cabin crew were fantastic, friendly and efficient, whilst flight deck crew kept us informed to the delay after pushback (another JQ aircraft also pushing and taxing from another bay); information mid flight (ATC slowing us down on return into YSSY due to wind/traffic) and finally, of the delay by there being no-one there to operate the aerobridge for the forward exit! They were a credit to the brand JETSTAR!

Great report and lots of pics (always good ) but I have a question... I was in 26A on my flight, I am also 6'3" yet I found more room in that seat than in a 737 (any variant) and in some cases, 747, so I am curiouse as to how tall you are that you found them a little tighter than normal, and kneeing the seatback infront of you!!
Hey Birnie! I also find the seats in the 737's (Virgin) much for spacious in legroom wise, the seat diamiter is mostly the same, but much better legroom on virgin, and with the new economy seats that have been rolled-out, they are even thinner, so that will be even better! I actually dont know how tall i am, but my knees were digging into the seat infront if that gives an idea? The seat was 19A.
Old 13th July 2011, 12:00 AM

Hi Jack.

Firstly it's nice to see someone passionate to go to this effort. In your profile you mention you wish to work for Virgin, and I genuinely hope you get there.

Can I just say, as disappointing as it is to get a delay, but I can assure you, it's generally for a good reason, and we have very strict guidelines on what we can accept or not accept before we depart in an A320.

All I can suggest is that you've been a victim of being 'unlucky', as the JQ A320s have a very high utilisation and unfort things fail from time to time. As a pilot for nearly 20 yrs, and as a passenger for 30 something years, delays are something that occurs not just to JQ but to DJ & QF and every other carrier.

All the best.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Melon View Post
and with the new economy seats that have been rolled-out, they are even thinner, so that will be even better! I actually dont know how tall i am, but my knees were digging into the seat infront if that gives an idea? The seat was 19A.
Actually Jack, having flown on one of Virgin Australia's newer aircraft with the new sky interior (VH-YFC), I found the leg room quite poor really. Being about as tall as Bernie, I would have to say the old Virgin interior offered greater legroom. But I do have to agree, I flew Jetstar SYD-OOL-SYD at the beginning of the year and I could no sit straight in seat!

All in all, not a bad trip report for your first attempt.

Jetphotos.net
Airliners.net
Old 13th July 2011, 04:36 PM

Oh ok, apparently the legroom went up another half an inch according to JB, but i don't know yet cause haven't been on one of the new birds yet, yes not very comfortable, and cheers for the comment Andrew!
Old 16th July 2011, 12:41 AM

Amberley is the largest RAAF Base.

http://www.airforce.gov.au/Bases/Amberley.aspx

"The Royal Australian Air Force's RAAF Base Amberley is our largest base."