Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Trip Reports

Old 26th May 2014, 09:48 AM

Default Request: Cheapest time to book emirates multi-city

Hi all,

Unsure if this is the right section but wasn't sure where to post this. Going on a two and a bit month program in Tanzania from september-early december and wanting stopovers in Dubai on the way there, and Singapore on the way back. So my multi-city itinerary would look something like:
SYD - DXB - DAR - DXB - SIN - SYD

Anyone know when is my best chance to book to get the cheapest price? It's up to around the $2500 mark at the moment, and I could have sworn it was cheaper at the start of this year when I looked. Not sure if emirates ever have multi city sales...

Thanks.
Old 26th May 2014, 09:33 PM

Hi Jake,

Have flown EK quite a few times, & my advice here is to stay patient & keep checking the web site. EK offer me cheap flights many times during the year - it works in your favour here that December is less popular to Europe, unless you are getting close to Christmas. Do you have fixed dates, or is there some flexibility in your schedule ?
Old 26th May 2014, 09:35 PM

Apologies, just re-read that you posted you are away from Sep-Dec. Do you know if Fly Dubai go as far as DAR ?
Old 27th May 2014, 11:23 AM

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have no date flexibility. Just checked and flydubai doe not go that far unfortunately. I'll keep holding out for another 3 weeks or so and keep checking the prices I think.
Old 27th May 2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakef View Post
Not sure if emirates ever have multi city sales...

Thanks.
It's not a multi-city sale you are after - they technically don't exist.

What you want is a sale to DAR, which you then exercise different routings to achieve.

Most EK sales will allow you to use any routing, but some will restrict the routing to specific flight numbers, presumably this is a yield management issue.

Get a travel agent to check for you, they will see the fare route rules within seconds and tell you the answer.

When I was an agent in Adelaide I sold some people to NBO, it was around $3000 or so. You'll likely find it is not often on sale of any kind, but you just need to get the lowest booking class your routing requirements allow.

From when you checked online it is likely that the booking class you want has sold out on the flight you want it on.

Try checking matrix.itasoftware.com to see the booking classes. X is sale, then T and I think B and M next (maybe Q somewhere in there). Typically B is the non-sale cheap booking class for any given destination.

Hope that is of some help.

Flown:
Boeing, Airbus, Douglas, Bombardier, De Havilland Canada, Ilyushin, Yakovlev, Tupolev, Shorts, ATR, McDonnell Douglas, Fokker, Embraer, British Aerospace, Antonov.