Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 4th November 2008, 08:43 AM

Thanks Gareth!
Old 5th November 2008, 04:15 PM

Hi,

Doesnt look like MNL will get a A333 after all.

An A333 has been scheduled on the daily lunch time QF577/566 SYD-PER-SYD service.

Unless things change again I cant see how MNL will score an A333.
Old 5th November 2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben O View Post
Hi,

An A333 has been scheduled on the daily lunch time QF577/566 SYD-PER-SYD service.
Perhaps an indication that VH-EBL will be in international config? Ie freeing up a 333 to operate this route?
Old 6th November 2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben O View Post
It baffles me that the airline is so content to operate aircraft which offer such vastly different products on the same route. I understand the occasional equipment sub or aircraft being rotated through the network for maintainence. This will always be the case. This just gets me when it is done to such a large degree.

Customers pay the same fare for a 'lucky dip' of sorts. I do not see how this is justified, especially for J/C. It really does more damage than good. It makes customers upset when the get the domestic product, not happy when they score the international one.

In my opinion Qantas needs a mid-haul product for EC-Perth, Tasman and perhaps CGK, MNL and HNL. Think Dreamtime J seats and PTVs throughout. Could be used on some 73Hs, too.
Old 6th November 2008, 02:58 PM

Domestic is getting a revamp next year
Old 6th November 2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth U View Post
It baffles me that the airline is so content to operate aircraft which offer such vastly different products on the same route. I understand the occasional equipment sub or aircraft being rotated through the network for maintainence. This will always be the case. This just gets me when it is done to such a large degree.oo.
Sort of like what they are doing on AKL-LAX currently - dreamtime and skybed!
Old 7th November 2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Morrison View Post
Sort of like what they are doing on AKL-LAX currently - dreamtime and skybed!
I think the situation is worse... The difference between a converter seat or Millenium to Skybed is bigger than Dreamtime to Skybed. And, like I said, it is making customers angry when they get the domestic product - there is no feeling of being 'lucky' to have scored a Skybed.

Andrew, by 'revamp' do you mean improvements? I ask because it seems alot is being taken away, not added, to the domestic product. We have just lost toilet flowers in J, spirits in Y and now no bars loaded in Y before 11am on short and medium flights. I am an advocate of change, even if that means 'efficiencies'. But the term 'revamp' worries me in the current climate, especially if it is not handled well.
Old 7th November 2008, 03:05 PM

Have many people commented about the lack of flowers, spirits and booze before 11am in Y? I know I would swap all of that and the inflight magazine for a PTV. Just personal preference of course but when you have flown 8 times in the same month you loose interest in the magazine and mainscreen TV.
Old 7th November 2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth U View Post
Andrew, by 'revamp' do you mean improvements? I ask because it seems alot is being taken away, not added, to the domestic product. We have just lost toilet flowers in J, spirits in Y and now no bars loaded in Y before 11am on short and medium flights. I am an advocate of change, even if that means 'efficiencies'. But the term 'revamp' worries me in the current climate, especially if it is not handled well.
Addition of products, it has been talked about on here before from memory.

The new 738 should come with PTV's in all classes and an upgraded/better J product along with a refit of some of the 763. As far as I know it's still planned but depends on how bad the economy gets as well
Old 7th November 2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
Addition of products, it has been talked about on here before from memory.

The new 738 should come with PTV's in all classes and an upgraded/better J product along with a refit of some of the 763. As far as I know it's still planned but depends on how bad the economy gets as well
I agree with you, especially Virgin Blue is going to have free PTVs + Food + Drink + Luggage + Lounge service, for a price 50% lower than QF J. Qantas must now think about upgrading their service before it is too late to have a very low partonage on Domestic Business Class.

For Economy, I think it wouldn't be even cutting off the entertainment or food on board as "Full Service" is still one of the major factor for commutors to choose QF instead of DJ. But QF needs to bear in mind that DJ has PTVs ($4.9/9.9) and food (~$10 for a refreshment) and $8 luggage. It would be possible that QF is losing some 'wealthier' commutors which are willing to pay just around $10 more for a DJ Domestic Economy rather than QF, where we still can't see a PTV in most of the CityFlyer services.