Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion

Old 8th April 2008, 10:56 PM

Default FS2004 issues

Hi all

Firstly, I recently got a MacBook Pro laptop recently, mainly for video and photography work for uni, but with abit of extra room, I also installed Windows XP and I got a copy of FS2004 to let off abit of steam in my spare time.

Installed all 4 discs worth, started it up, and had about 2hrs of blissful flying time (And after all these years, I can still land a Learjet at Meighs field!), then finished up, so I can install two add-on packages (A380 by Abacus, and 727 Professional by Just Flight).

Installed both, fired up FS again.... only to be greeted with quite a few errors! Something about FCUIP not matching and program terminating, or something. So process of elimination, I uninstalled the add-ons, fired up FS again, still chucking a fit and not wanting to start! (And don't you hate Microsoft and all these errors with buzzwords and numbers that have no relevance to your understanding? )

Right, so uninstalled and reinstalled FS again, and the same errors continue. Having had previous IT issues with some external HDs I bought earlier in the day, I simply gave up

Would any of the FS inclined folks here know what the issue may be? I'll try other ways to get it working again in the mean time, but thought I'd post it out there for any interim suggestion.

Thanks for any suggestions provided!