Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 3rd June 2011, 09:52 PM

Default Tiger Cuts Flights + Routes

Quote:
Tiger Airways today announces a number of network changes that will simplify its Australian flying programme.

These changes will enable the airline to focus on restoring the punctuality of its operation.

As a consequence, two routes the airline currently flies from Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine) will be suspended from 01 August 2011. These are the Melbourne - Mackay and Melbourne - Rockhampton routes. In addition, the Brisbane - Sydney and Sydney - Sunshine Coast routes will also be suspended from the same date. Affected passengers on these routes will be contacted and provided with a full refund.

“These network changes will both streamline and simplify our Australian operations, enabling us to focus on combining our low fares with improved punctuality,” says Crawford Rix, CEO, Tiger Airways Australia.

The airline’s flights to Mackay and Rockhampton have in recent months been adversely affected by rising oil prices and the recent Queensland natural disasters. In addition, as the airline does not currently have a crew base in New South Wales or Queensland, operating punctual flights between Brisbane – Sydney and Sydney – Sunshine Coast has proved more challenging than anticipated.

“We know that our customers expect an on-time flight as well as a great fare from Tiger Airways. The changes that we are making to our flying programme will enable as to improve punctuality across our network and we are hopeful that as we grow the airline we will be able to restore services on the affected routes in the near future” said Mr Rix
Plenty of cuts!
Old 4th June 2011, 01:01 PM

They are really a here today gone tomorrow airline. They have also cut some flights out of AVV too.
Old 5th June 2011, 09:11 AM

Default not much growl...

so who's gonna make a prediction on this one?

Next Trips:
Feb BNE-CBR-BNE, QF
18May BNE-DPS-KUL-PEN-SIN-BNE, VA/AirAsia/QF
05Oct BNE-YVR-PDX-YVR-BNE, AC
Old 5th June 2011, 03:16 PM

SYD-MCY is gone because its a poor performer.

All these delays just end up costing the company a fortune.

Old 6th June 2011, 11:11 PM

I flew Tiger on saturday from AVV to BNE and was told by the flight attendant that i was on one of their last if not their last flight to BNE from there as they would no longer be flying to QLD at all from Avalon, i have to admit the loads were very light too
Old 7th June 2011, 09:07 AM

Well they lost me and my support.

They had on two occassions cancelled flights on me and left me stranded... then to make it worse, they have kept my money that they said they were refunding... it has not come through, and I have been chasing them for 18 months - it is going to the Department of Fair Trading some time this week when I have time to "waste" on them yet again.

So anyone who travels with them... beware - you are vulnerable lol.