Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 15th December 2011, 08:04 PM

Default QF A332 VH-EBO/P

Evening all, can any of our QF folk tell me if EBO and P still have the non-standard (read.....crappy!) seats in Business?

Look like having to do a red-eye PER-MEL and want to avoid them if they still have the Y-type seats.....very poor product!

Cheers!
Old 15th December 2011, 10:07 PM

You are correct in that EBO and EBP still has the (crappy) Recaro seat and retains the 2x3x2 configuration in J.

However, after numerous negative feedback from pax, QF has changed back to the traditional 2x2x2 layout and retained the middle seat as a 'workspace'.

IIRC, these two aircrafts were configured in that layout (42J and 268Y) such that it can be transferred to JQi easily.

None
Old 16th December 2011, 06:17 AM

I don't mind these seats, the trick is to get one of the inner aisle seats. No one sitting next to you plus the table is pretty handy. With that said even if I could get a skybed I won't catch the red eye flight out of PER, even in business the flight is too short to get any rest. Instead I will take the first morning departure out of PER.
Old 16th December 2011, 09:15 AM

Cheers guys....I thought I read somewhere that these were to be re-config'd to the same as the other 332's after complaints were received?

Or, as Ricky T suggests, are these a/c to transfer to the orange people?
Old 16th December 2011, 11:08 AM

These aircraft have had the middle seats removed, its been replaced with a type of table/work space.

No more QF A330s will be going to JQ, all of JQ A330s will be returning to QF once the B787s begin to arrive.

Cheers
Old 16th December 2011, 09:38 PM

If you do the PER-MEL redeye on a Mon, Tue or Wed you will most likely be on a 767. Saturday night is usually a 737. Thu, Fri and Sun is usually the 332 so you'll have a 50/50 chance of getting EBO or EBP.