Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th January 2010, 04:46 PM

Default Spotting Compilation on YouTube

Hi All,

Thought I'd share my first YouTube video upload, titled 'Serenade of the Skies'.

This video features aviation footage I've filmed between 2007-2009 and I've compiled with this beautiful piece of music called 'Serenata Immortale'. It's taken a while to put this together and get it to where I'm happy to share it so I hope you enjoy.

Best viewed in YouTube's large or fullscreen format. I'm having trouble viewing in HD but it looks good in SD from what I've seen. (Video was uploaded in full RAW MPG goodness so the HD should work - let me know if you succeed!)

Here's the YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu2r8qRaeFA

Features too many shots to mention, but you'll notice they're mostly from Sydney and includes our regular Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin Blue traffic as well as those various visitors from overseas. Some other notables include the Pope's Alitalia arrival at Richmond and some onboard shots from Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Shanghai to name a few.

Comments and constructive critique are welcomed

Dan

04/09/14 QF129 SYD-PVG A333 VH-QPG :: 08/09/14 CX367 PVG-HKG 77W B-KQO :: 13/09/14 QF128 HKG-SYD A388 VH-OQH
29/09/14 QF556 SYD-BNE 763ER VH-OGO :: 30/09/14 QF008 BNE-SYD 744ER VH-OEG
Old 8th January 2010, 04:54 PM

Very nice work Dan amazing!
Old 8th January 2010, 07:03 PM

Amazing video Dan - I love the music, it really works well with the images. If anyone doesn't understand why we love aircraft, just watch the video and see how good it is.
Old 8th January 2010, 07:25 PM

Well edited, but you really need to get yourself a ladder!
Old 8th January 2010, 07:41 PM

Fantastic. Even had the Missus watching...
Gotta get me a video camera!
Old 8th January 2010, 10:05 PM

Lightbulb

What about the turboprops? There's more than just jets at Sydney.
Old 9th January 2010, 04:51 PM

Thanks all for watching and the comments so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah C View Post
Amazing video Dan - I love the music, it really works well with the images. If anyone doesn't understand why we love aircraft, just watch the video and see how good it is.
Cheers Sarah. I'm glad the video has had that sort of effect. Aircraft are truly amazing to watch and there are some awesome locations we are lucky to have at Sydney where we can see this in full effect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McLaughlin View Post
Well edited, but you really need to get yourself a ladder!
Agreed Andrew. I have to admit that my early video footage is poor due to the 'fence issue' and I hope I improved that as time went by. Nowadays I don't even film near the fence as videos are often filled with conversation etc from the other spotters there. I do like the shots I'm able to get from the carpark and Qantas Dr though

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilP View Post
Fantastic. Even had the Missus watching...
Gotta get me a video camera!
Haha excellent. I'm using a Sony HD video camera which can film in both SD (720) and HD (1080) which is easy to use and handle for long durations. I do need to get myself a decent tripod though to improve my shooting even further!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B. View Post
What about the turboprops? There's more than just jets at Sydney.
Chris, it wasn't until I read your post that I realised there's not a single prop in the video and this was entirely unintentional! I wanted to be unbias in the coverage of Sydney yet I missed out on these little gems so I'll have to make up for that next time! Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed what you saw

Cheers everyone!

Dan

04/09/14 QF129 SYD-PVG A333 VH-QPG :: 08/09/14 CX367 PVG-HKG 77W B-KQO :: 13/09/14 QF128 HKG-SYD A388 VH-OQH
Old 9th January 2010, 07:50 PM

A Video & surround sound of United 840 from Qantas Drive taking off with full power overhead is my to do project. Maybe the new Ikea store near the Salvos will have roof top parking so you could get a view of the full length of 34.The You Tube video of the F18 at Temora is great,as it was it live. My favourite video is of the Raptor doing back flips.Thanks for your video from our viewing spots , top effort.
Old 9th January 2010, 08:00 PM

is the area in the 1:00 minute mark of the video still accessible? I assume it is the grassy hill area next to the spot where they keep the shipping containers?
Old 9th January 2010, 11:15 PM

The footage of the Virgin Blue E-Jet and the Jetstar A320 was taken from the 'Radar field' I think it's what it's called. I was told by security whilst filming those shots that it's no longer a spotting area. They were nice about it, so I left.

I think some people still go there, but it would be at your own risk I suppose. I would be weary about going back there because of where you park your cars etc and walking through the mosquito infested grass areas etc.

Dan