Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion

Old 11th June 2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken N View Post
Hi there Patrick,
On the back of the Sydney VTC is a great idea, lets hope it makes 0812 AIRAC update. Any idea where Newcastle VTC will end up ?
Here's what I picked up the other day.
Cheers
Hi Ken,

If you open them both up (which I'm sure you have) you'll notice that they're both the same size, so from what I know that's what the plan was, to have the GFG on the back of the VTC. It just didn't make this issue of the VTC, so next time you'll see the GFG on the back.
Also, slightly off topic, but still on the SY VTC, note that Springwood is no longer in the RIC CTR, that's one major change I was told. Apparently a lot of violations over Springwood.

Anyway, back to the topic.
Just like Chris said, the Newc VTC will be on its own map & don't be surprised if you see the same thing happen with the VFR lanes up their (i.e the coastal/inland lanes on the back of the Newc VTC). I've heard also that there are plans for the same thing for the Mlb & Bris with GFG's on the back of their VTC's.
Old 13th June 2008, 08:35 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

Just pick up a new Sydney / Newcastle VTC with the Sydney General Flying Guide slipped inside.

The General flying guide is quite good and includes 6 maps with small inset photographs of landmarks.

The maps are:

- Appin Sea Cliff Bridge
- Bankstown Appin
- Sea Cliff Bridge to South Head
- South Head to Long Reef
- Bankstown Outound North Via Parramatta
- Bankstown Inbound South Via Prospect

Sydney Scenic Flights - Clearance Required
Victor 1 Procedures

The map is printed on a more glossy paper than the VTC charts, presumably because of the small landmark photographs.

Last edited by Grahame Hutchison; 13th June 2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 17th June 2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame Hutchison View Post
The map is printed on a more glossy paper than the VTC charts, presumably because of the small landmark photographs.
Was only due to the ink Grahame. It was found that if printed on the type of paper the VTC's are on, the images would leak through the paper.