Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements

Old 16th March 2016, 11:03 AM

Default T3 Remote Parking

Heya peeps, been looking at QF domestic schedules and it seems that there is more departures than there are gates at T3 of a morning. It looks like they have up to about 13/14 737's alone. I know that JQ and DJ use the old JQ/DJ terminal to park as remotes and QF park about 3 737's near the pond seen them there on Saturdays when the schedules are lighter. But where else do they hide those 737's overnight im guessing a hangar or two and then tow them over as that first departures head out? Cheers from a wannabe airline scheduler !
Old 16th March 2016, 12:30 PM
Prolific Member

They can stack them in the Qantas West maintenance area, in and behind the hangars at Qantas East, even park some on the freight apron if they really needed to, although this probably wouldn't be a preferred option.
Old 16th March 2016, 12:43 PM

I've been on the last CBR departure several times and have watched them tow both A330s and B737s into hangars, likewise watched them tow both types back out of hangars first thing in the morning. Also, as Nigel said, around behind the hangars and next to the pond. I think, though I may be wrong, I've seen a QF B737 around on DOM 5 and DOM6 in the past as well (I know I've seen Dash 8s parked around there).
Old 16th March 2016, 01:17 PM

Many thanks lads, I guess with the hangars and the size of the QF operation they are easy to hide thus Id only spied them near the pond